55 replies to this topic

#46 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,737 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

I know many minorities that came from crappy circumstances that are now financial successes because of hard work and taking advantages if their opportunities.

Is it easy? No

But, if you are willing to put in the effort, there are opportunities out there.

Many dob't take advantage if the opportunities because they do not have the role models as parents to instill that education is the answer. That us a completely different argument. For those people, it is their parent s fault...not the system's

So you couldn't do it. Again.

#47 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,888 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

So clueless.

Neither of my parents went to college. I am only the second in my family (parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, etc to go to college).

My mom's family did not even have running water and an indoor toilet until she was in high school.

I worked 40 hrs a week while carrying a full load at school.

My life was far from sheltered. I was determined to do better and worked my ass off in school to achieve it.

I could have easily claimed how unfair it was and be living like my cousins do.

Please, tell us more of your "minority friends" plights and fortunes.

#48 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,092 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

Please, tell us more of your "minority friends" plights and fortunes.

Please tell us more about how it is everyone else's fault that you are a failure in life.

#49 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 21,737 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

Yeah Delhommey, why IS your penis so darn small?

#50 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,888 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

Please tell us more about how it is everyone else's fault that you are a failure in life.

Is this the part where I'm supposed to overcompensate by blustering on about how I really bootstrapped my way to success, using the pronoun "I" extensively, which psychologist have found is a classic sign of a lack of true confidence?

#51 gospodin shuttlesworth

gospodin shuttlesworth

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:22 AM

Can you please reference one post where Cantrell says that the system is unfair to blacks and there is nothing that THEY can do to change their lives?

the best part about this whole thing is that his posts are so fuging dumb that he's somehow losing to his own straw man

#52 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,092 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:33 AM

the best part about this whole thing is that his posts are so fuging dumb that he's somehow losing to his own straw man

Nope. Just that you and CWG don't have even close to the intelligence to understand.

Keep throwing up your hands and blaming others for what you don't have. That will solve your problem.

Don't worry about any decision you make.....someone else will take care of you. Recipe for complete failure

#53 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,092 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

Yeah Delhommey, why IS your penis so darn small?

So you know that Del's penis is small....hmmm

Might explain a lot about you.

#54 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,716 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:49 AM

Is this the part where I'm supposed to overcompensate by blustering on about how I really bootstrapped my way to success, using the pronoun "I" extensively, which psychologist have found is a classic sign of a lack of true confidence?

Expains Obama.

#55 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,061 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

My wife and I make too much money for social welfare, so ill never see any government assistance. So if corporate welfare leads to soaring stocks which leads to my 401k having nearly doubled in four years, then I can't really complain too much about rich men on Wall Street.

#56 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 15,961 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

I wasn't aware trickle down meant to only 1/2 the population.

I wasn't aware that the stock market was suppose to trickle down to anyone other than the people that invest in it.

The market isn't an indicator of the economic health of the country, its more of a form of legalized betting on the future economic health of some large companies. Its relationship to the economic health of the country or the world is indirect at best.

I know that it makes the occupiers feel good to point at the NYSE and say, see they are taking while we get nothing (while they are texting each other on their $500 phones and drinking their $5 coffees no less). But thats really just populist rhetoric. If you really want to guage the economic health of the nation and whether it is "trickling down" or not, you have to look at all those boring numbers the government puts out. They show that things are getting better, albeit at a glacial pace. But I guess that is not as cool as pointing out that some people are doing well in the market.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.