#46 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,717 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

Hurney never had any problems getting under the cap and getting the guys he wanted.

And how did that work out for us?

#47 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,300 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

Hurney never had any problems getting under the cap and getting the guys he wanted.

You could argue our problems began....when Hurney hung up his FA hat and went to the our own is all that matters approach near Fox's end. Adding only bargain bin DTs, WRs with little lasting possibility.

#48 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,717 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

You could argue our problems began....when Hurney hung up his FA hat and went to the our own is all that matters approach near Fox's end. Adding only bargain bin DTs, WRs with little lasting possibility.

Combine that with his complete ineptitude to draft after round one and you have the recipe for our current situation.

#49 Beast_3000

Beast_3000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

I am serious, because this is the same story we've heard for years and years now, and where are we? As our fanbase gets more and more bitter, how do you think the players feel? Players take paycuts/less pay etc to play on teams with a chance to win, not on a team that's always "building". We are becoming the Bobcats of the NFL.

The Bobcats ???? naaaaawww...Things are never as good as you think they are, and things are never as bad as you think they are. Wait until minicamp, after the Free Agency frenzy is complete and the draft is complete we can make a pre-assessment of our 2013 season. We will pick up a few good players at a good bargain before the draft.

This is Gettlemans first year. Give him an opportunity to do his job with his limited budget. You can't blame him for Hurneys mess.

#50 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

Free agency is for filing needs and in the draft you draft best player available. I don't see any needs being filled at all.

I thought he said:
"If we do this right, you and I are holding up a trophy with Mr. Richardson"

What is right? Sit back and watch 31 other teams try and better themselves?

#51 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

Hurney screwed us people...we probably needed 7-8 big money guys to restructure and so far we haven't hit that.

#52 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,300 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

Hurney screwed us people...we probably needed 7-8 big money guys to restructure and so far we haven't hit that.

We need most of them to take payouts...

#53 Vampire the buffet slayer

Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,341 posts
  • Locationunder an aluminum hat

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

Wow.

I read yhis entire thread.

I came up with two things.

#1 - obviously Gettelmen is hurney 2.0 and we should go ahead and get going on the first of hundreds "Fire Gettlemen" threads.

#2 - Maybe the fact that we had the talent on the roster to beat the falcons towards the end of the year makes him believe we might not have such glaring holes that we need to go out and over spend in FA.

#54 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,196 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

Too bad the guys he wanted sucked.

Imagine if he had traded up for Clausen for example...(like he wanted to do)

#55 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,300 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

Wow.

I read yhis entire thread.

I came up with two things.

#1 - obviously Gettelmen is hurney 2.0 and we should go ahead and get going on the first of hundreds "Fire Gettlemen" threads.

#2 - Maybe the fact that we had the talent on the roster to beat the falcons towards the end of the year makes him believe we might not have such glaring holes that we need to go out and over spend in FA.

Cams's back is gonna be straight up hurting....bc the dude literally puts us on his back to be in games.

#56 Vampire the buffet slayer

Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,341 posts
  • Locationunder an aluminum hat

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

Cams not every man on the field.

#57 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,300 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

Cams not every man on the field.

He overcame a pooty OL, one of the least producing RB committee's.....and had us in every game last year.

He had 5 TDs, 0 INTs vs Atlanta. He averaged 250 in the air and 100 on the ground in the two games against them. Yeah, he had some help but the kid was the Panthers. We have been on his back since he arrived.

#58 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,347 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

We are a measly 4 million under the cap, what exactly did you expect?

#59 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,814 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

Three things you'll hear every apologist say during the start of free agency.

1. Use the "cap" excuse while all other 31 teams whether they have plenty or are just a tight as ours makes significant moves

2. IT'S ONLY BEEN A FEW HOURS/DAYS/WEEKS/MONTHS CALM DOWN!!!"

3. And the most laughable one of them all "That's not part of the plan! That's not the way we do things!"

Three things you can count on the Panthers do to every offseason

1. Redefine the term bargain hunting. Whereas most teams seeing it as getting good players for good deals, the Panthers literally make every effort to show their cleverness/ faith in "the plan" by signing players who would struggle to make most NFLrosters/not pose a direct threat to one of Jerry's boys.

2. Not doing anything, regardless of the time frame. Except maybe some tennis.

3. Adamantly stick to their plan, and recite tired dated cliches about their philosophy which apologists will then take as religious text and recite it on the Huddle over and over again for years and years like some sort idiotic parrot even though the Panthers experience losing season after losing season because they refuse to come into this century. By boy gee golly, least we ain't gotta go admittin that we been doin it wrong.

I'd rather be mistaken as an apologist by an idiot, instead of being the idiot.

#60 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,814 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:20 AM

Too bad the guys he wanted sucked.

Imagine if he had traded up for Clausen for example...(like he wanted to do)

why do speak of rumors as if it's fact?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com