I thought Gettleman said

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

or you can just bitch and gripe and moan about the whole thing.

#42 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

Only if we sit on these contracts....and Hurney's players. Gettlemen is going to need to start taking an axe to some of this mess.

Yeah, that's actually what I'm waiting on.

#43 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

• LocationSouth Charlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

Of course we will bitch, we have reason too. I'd rather see pised off fans than contempt retards regurgitating the same old poo.

I'm not going to argue anyways because Gettleman is cuffed for a while. What we see is cleaning and has nothing to do with Gettleman's plan or skills. It isn't possible with the mess Hurney made and it isn't possible with the lame duck JR insists on keeping in place, as he did Hurney. To me, this is obviously JR's mess more than Hurney's. Luckiny JR knew he needed help.

Help cam in Gettleman but you're not likley to see his true plan/skills until we are out of the gutter and he knows what he is dealing with. It truly is a process, maybe not for other teams but for the panthers it is and it always has been and will be with JR in place. Get used to it and have patience for Gettleman who just got here and still has work to do.

#44 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• LocationOn a Sales Call
HUDDLER

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

From Panthers.com "Gettleman ready to manage free agency"..

"You use all the avenues to add players to your team – you watch the waiver wire, you inquire about trade possibilities, you take guys off the street, you snag guys off someone else's practice squad," Gettleman said. "You have to build through the draft – you have to. You have to raise your own, and then you fill in with unrestricted free agents.

Did we replace Marty with.. Marty?

That's scary. It's the exact same Hurney-isms word for fuging word.

#45 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• LocationGalveston
HUDDLER

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

Hurney never had any problems getting under the cap and getting the guys he wanted.

#46 SCP

SCP

HUDDLER

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

Hurney never had any problems getting under the cap and getting the guys he wanted.

And how did that work out for us?

#47 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

You could argue our problems began....when Hurney hung up his FA hat and went to the our own is all that matters approach near Fox's end. Adding only bargain bin DTs, WRs with little lasting possibility.

#48 SCP

SCP

HUDDLER

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

You could argue our problems began....when Hurney hung up his FA hat and went to the our own is all that matters approach near Fox's end. Adding only bargain bin DTs, WRs with little lasting possibility.

Combine that with his complete ineptitude to draft after round one and you have the recipe for our current situation.

#49 Beast_3000

Beast_3000

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

I am serious, because this is the same story we've heard for years and years now, and where are we? As our fanbase gets more and more bitter, how do you think the players feel? Players take paycuts/less pay etc to play on teams with a chance to win, not on a team that's always "building". We are becoming the Bobcats of the NFL.

The Bobcats ???? naaaaawww...Things are never as good as you think they are, and things are never as bad as you think they are. Wait until minicamp, after the Free Agency frenzy is complete and the draft is complete we can make a pre-assessment of our 2013 season. We will pick up a few good players at a good bargain before the draft.

This is Gettlemans first year. Give him an opportunity to do his job with his limited budget. You can't blame him for Hurneys mess.

#50 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

Free agency is for filing needs and in the draft you draft best player available. I don't see any needs being filled at all.

I thought he said:
"If we do this right, you and I are holding up a trophy with Mr. Richardson"

What is right? Sit back and watch 31 other teams try and better themselves?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users