Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Murphy to NYG?

51 posts in this topic

Posted

You guys do know Cam and Murphy where bestfriends right?

Posted

Not surprising. We clearly want to add someone this offseason who will be a legitimate threat out there and Murphy wasn't .

I think it's almost a given we go WR in one of the first 2 rounds at this point.

Posted

The fact that Gettleman made no attempt to bring Murphy back tells you all you need to know about his WR skills.

Posted

this has been the huddles offseason warcry for years

Pilares is gonna break out! He is Smitty 2.0

Watch out for my boy Gettis! He is like a tall lanky fast Steve Smith but different.

Armanti Edwards has been patiently waiting for a track to explode on!

Oh snap, Rhyne Robinson bout to break his foot off in someone this year!

Dwayne Jarrett, okay call me crazy and I know it was against Saint backups but I think he turned a corner. 1000 yards is realistic this year.

Call me crazy, but this is Drew Carter's year to step up!

Posted

In fairness, it is hard to play when you are on the IR. He had a good rookie year with Clausen. I think he has the ability to stretch the field.

I want to see Lamont Bryant get it going.

He had a couple plays with Matt Moore and 1 with BSP....

He did nothing with Clausen. There was one WR highlight under Clausen and that went to LaFell....and he happens to be the guy who earned reps

Posted

Drew Carter is a Hollywood actor now. He is Legit.

Posted

Pilares is gonna break out! He is Smitty 2.0

Watch out for my boy Gettis! He is like a tall lanky fast Steve Smith but different.

Armanti Edwards has been patiently waiting for a track to explode on!

Oh snap, Rhyne Robinson bout to break his foot off in someone this year!

Dwayne Jarrett, okay call me crazy and I know it was against Saint backups but I think he turned a corner. 1000 yards is realistic this year.

The Good, Ole days of of the Young CRA ;)

Posted

The Good, Ole days of of the Young CRA ;)

Ah, yes...my boy Duh-Wayne. I look at these young kids with there Gettis talk and think awe isn't that cute...that was me back when I was young and naive.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ah, yes...my boy Duh-Wayne. I look at these young kids with there Gettis talk and think awe isn't that cute...that was me back when I was young and naive.

We went at it a bunch back then, but I really enjoy alot of your posts now bro. Keep it up.

Posted

He had a couple plays with Matt Moore and 1 with BSP....

He did nothing with Clausen. There was one WR highlight under Clausen and that went to LaFell....and he happens to be the guy who earned reps

I was basing it on the numbers--I liooked into this, and you have a good point.

As a rookie in 2010, Gettis had 37 receptions for 500+ yard and 3 TDs in 15 games--he started 13 of them. His biggest catch went for 88 yards.

Brandon Lafell had one more reception but nearly 100 fewer yards. He started 2 games. BIggest catch went for 44 yards.

HOWEVER: Gettis had 2 big games, 92 yards and over 100 yards in weeks 7 and 11 (SF, Baltimore, ironically) and Clausen did not play.

Clausen appeared in 13 games, most as the starter and threw for 1550 yards/

Moore appeared in 6 games and threw for a total of 850 yards.

Posted

I was basing it on the numbers--I liooked into this, and you have a good point.

As a rookie in 2010, Gettis had 37 receptions for 500+ yard and 3 TDs in 15 games--he started 13 of them. His biggest catch went for 88 yards.

Brandon Lafell had one more reception but nearly 100 fewer yards. He started 2 games. BIggest catch went for 44 yards.

HOWEVER: Gettis had 2 big games, 92 yards and over 100 yards in weeks 7 and 11 (SF, Baltimore, ironically) and Clausen did not play.

Clausen appeared in 13 games, most as the starter and threw for 1550 yards/

Moore appeared in 6 games and threw for a total of 850 yards.

LaFell actually had the most production when Jimmy was on the field...his game is just more diverse than Gettis IMO.

But as an unrelated note, I would argue LaFell had possibly the most impressive catch we have seen over 10, 11 and 12 that year with Jimmy. Was a one handed grab dive toward the sideline...it was something you would think only Smitty could do

Posted

LaFell actually had the most production when Jimmy was on the field...his game is just more diverse than Gettis IMO.

But as an unrelated note, I would argue LaFell had possibly the most impressive catch we have seen over 10, 11 and 12 that year with Jimmy. Was a one handed grab dive toward the sideline...it was something you would think only Smitty could do

I think that was the Cleveland game. Awesome grab.