#1 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

http://dailycaller.c...t-taster-audio/

President won't eat for fear of Pubs poisoning him?

#2 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 15,503 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:01 AM

Pretty sure other presidents had tasters.

#3 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,716 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

Funny...didn't know they did. How much does THAT job pay. I just envision the Princess Bride scene with Collins sitting there across from Obama.

#4 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,157 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

Yeah, every president (and other foreign leaders) have this.

http://www.straightd...ial-food-taster

The presidential food safety team's responsibilities go well beyond packing up a squeeze bottle of Horsey Sauce if the POTUS indicates that he's thinking Arby's. In his 2005 book Standing Next to History, former Secret Service agent Joseph Petro — who spent 23 years in the suit and shades — writes, "In principle nothing edible gets near the President unless we know where it comes from and who has handled it." When the president digs in at a state banquet, Petro informs us, he's eating basically the same stuff as everyone else in the room, but his helping has been prepared specially by White House stewards, who suit up to match the other servers at the event and carry his plate out themselves. For events in foreign countries, it's the same thing but more so. Petro writes: "Stewards find out what's being served at the banquet and bring the ingredients with them from the United States."

OK, but try this one. The president (Reagan) is at a baseball game (opening day 1984, Baltimore), and his handlers decide they need a photo op of him eating a hot dog. You're the Secret Service guy. What do you do? According to Petro's account, you do the only thing you can: you pick a vendor at random, order one with mustard, and cross your fingers.

#5 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

Guess I had never heard of modern day tasters.

Was Obama just waiting on his personal food? I would hate to have to be that structured

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.