Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jennings is A Viking

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Panthers' fans: Jennings suck! Bucs overpaid Goldson! Seattle is Eagles 2.0! Even with Welker, Peyton still suck in the Playoffs! Steven Jackson is old and injury proned! Etc etc etc

Actually, I don't think any of that.

I don't think Jennings sucks, I just don't think he's some sort of incredible WR. I think that having a solid, vertical offensive attack, with an incredible QB, helped him out.

I think that the Bucs did an awesome job getting Goldson. He got paid what the market demanded. He was worth every cent in my opinion. And honestly, this is the move that scares me the most in our division.

Seattle is improving. They're not trying to piece together a team in the offseason to make some sort of incredible machine, they're improving in places they needed to improve, which is what a team needs to do.

I do think Peyton has troubles in the playoffs, and I'm not sure how much more Welker will help out with the team. Will he be an improvement? Yeah. But there's only so many touches, and most of those are going to go to Decker (being familiar, having trust, etc)

Steven Jackson is a monster, but again, there's only so many touches they have on offense. Their defense is still not very good, with a terrible pass rush.

Posted

Actually, I don't think any of that.

I don't think Jennings sucks, I just don't think he's some sort of incredible WR. I think that having a solid, vertical offensive attack, with an incredible QB, helped him out.

I think that the Bucs did an awesome job getting Goldson. He got paid what the market demanded. He was worth every cent in my opinion. And honestly, this is the move that scares me the most in our division.

Seattle is improving. They're not trying to piece together a team in the offseason to make some sort of incredible machine, they're improving in places they needed to improve, which is what a team needs to do.

I do think Peyton has troubles in the playoffs, and I'm not sure how much more Welker will help out with the team. Will he be an improvement? Yeah. But there's only so many touches, and most of those are going to go to Decker (being familiar, having trust, etc)

Steven Jackson is a monster, but again, there's only so many touches they have on offense. Their defense is still not very good, with a terrible pass rush.

Implying to the ignorant ones only

Posted

Panthers' fans: Jennings suck! Bucs overpaid Goldson! Seattle is Eagles 2.0! Even with Welker, Peyton still suck in the Playoffs! Steven Jackson is old and injury proned! Etc etc etc

all of that is true. What's your point?

Posted

Jennings is the equivalent of replacing a five star injury prone player in Percy Harvin, with a four star injury prone player. There is definitely a drop off in value, and how he will be able to be used.

Posted

Only ones I think are true are that the Bucs did overpay (even though Goldson is a very nice addition for them). And that Jackson is old. Falcons replaced one aging back with another.

Posted

Jackson is old. Falcons replaced one aging back with another.

DeAngelo Williams is older.