Photo
- - - - -

10 years ago, Republicans started down the path that led them to their ultimate demise

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,792 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Here's a by-the-numbers look at some of the major findings:
$2.2 trillion – The cost of the Iraq War, including cost related to caring for veterans. Initial estimates were $50-60 billion.
$500 billion – The cost of caring for Iraq War veterans through 2053.
134,000 – The number of Iraqi civilians who died of direct war violence. That number is about 70 percent of total war deaths.
4,488 – The number of U.S. service members killed in Iraq.
3,400 – The number of U.S. contractors killed in Iraq.
231 – The number of journalists killed in Iraq. 62 humanitarian aid workers have also died.
$60 billion – The amount spent, so far, on reconstruction in Iraq.
2.8 million – People displaced from their homes by Iraq War.
13,500 – Contractors, most serving as security personnel, still in Iraq
2.5 million – The number of U.S. service people serving in Iraq and Afghanistan since 2001. Most have served more than one tour.
106,000 – The number of U.S. service members wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan
750,000 – Disability claims approved by the Veterans Administration related to the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.
38 – The number per 100,000 of all Iraq and Afghanistan veterans using VA health care that have committed suicide, compared with 11.5 deaths per 100,000 for the general public.

http://www.huffingto..._n_2905264.html

http://www.alternet...._oil,_all_along

Great spin from your friends at Fox:

http://www.foxnews.c...etter-warriors/

Bottom line: Conservatives will take the power you give them and do terrible, stupid things on your dime and on your childrens lives because reality is secondary to dogma.

#2 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,792 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

http://www.huffingto..._n_2908335.html

Come on man, you got to help make the Army a better fighting force! What else do you want, you whiny liberal handout dependent moocher!

#3 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,792 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

http://www.ibtimes.c...-talks-1131819#

Turns out Dubya probably wasn't the first modern Republican President who had no problem with our kids dying in order to achieve a political ambition.

#4 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

Damn you must hate Republicans. Two anti Repub threads started by you in less than 10 minutes.

Kill em all right?

#5 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,792 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

Just stating the facts before the RNC starts its makeover.

And to be fair, lots of Dems voted for the war resolution, although it seems to be forgotten that they did not vote for war, they voted to give Dubya the ability to declare war in the mistaken hope that Hussein might yield.

#6 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,073 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

Just stating the facts before the RNC starts its makeover.

And to be fair, lots of Dems voted for the war resolution, although it seems to be forgotten that they did not vote for war, they voted to give Dubya the ability to declare war in the mistaken hope that Hussein might yield.

So they were all talk, but not willing to follow through with anything.....

Yep, sounds like the Dem and Obama way.

#7 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,792 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

Why make up all these posts when you do my work for me?

#8 Cage

Cage

Killer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationHustlin' in the streets

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

So they were all talk, but not willing to follow through with anything.....

Yep, sounds like the Dem and Obama way.

How many terrorists did the Bush administration kill while in office? How many has the Obama administration killed? Obama should change his logo to a drone silhouette because he's ordered the deaths of so many of those fugs. I hate how Repubs try and paint Obama as some indecisive coward. He ordered the hit on Bin Laden even though that action could have had severe diplomatic consequences. That took balls.

I'm not sure how people like you can so blatantly ignore facts. Let me guess....you probably won't even give any credit to Obama for the deaths of the terrorists either will you?

Also, don't discount the terrible human cost of war. It's not some 'macho' contest; the poo is real. People die, get fuged up in body and mind, and all that will take a toll on society eventually. The "Dem and Obama way" as you put it (inaccurate, but whatever) would have been INFINITELY preferable to the poo sandwich situation we have now in Iraq and Afghanistan. It's amazing how so many people who wouldn't be in the line of fire don't take war seriously.

#9 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,200 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

I have said before, sometimes many times, about all the ways I disagree with Obama.

But, I have also given him credit with this one area. With all the technology, he has taken out terrorists without the door to door and old school methods employed by his predecessor.

I think Bush spent waaaaay too much money in several areas, not just defense. I could see him overreaching after 9/11. It must have been a horrible feeling to see the country getting bombed and killed. But, to continue on into Iraq and other places while using the old, "troops and tanks" method is very costly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.