#16 Cage

Cage

Raging Misanthrope

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationNo Flex Zone

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

No one VOLUNTEERS with the anticipation they're going to die or be wounded ONLY for just causes.

Do you think those snipers in Mogadishu asked to support their downed chopper pilot with the thought what they were doing was making a better Mogadishu? Hell freaking no. They did it because they chose to answer the call of whatever their country asked them to do and in situations like that...act like brothers in arms....true Band of Brothers. In fact...in the end of the Black Hawk Down movie...you get that spiel. It's not about the cause. It's about being there for your fellow soldier and do your job. That's it.

Want to bitch? Get out and do all the bitching you want. I get that. He has every right to bitch and complain, but to assume he speaks on behalf of ALL Iraqi veterans. The sentence that CWG has a complete blindfold when reading...is a reach.

When the fug did you serve? How the fug would you know why people would volunteer to serve? Your example is beyond stupid. Of course those guys would lay it on the line for their brothers in arms, who wouldn't? If America ever engaged in a blatantly unjust war not obfuscated by an appropriate cloak of lies you don't think there would be an immediate and extreme backlash from a significant portion of the guys who would be expected to fight? There would be.

You're doing the same thing you are accusing the author of the letter of doing. You are trying to speak for an untold number of fighting men. You're getting pretty twisted up about just one sentence....

#17 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

we really need to change the name of the department of defense to the department of war so people don't get confused and enlist due to some silly notion that america fights defensive wars

#18 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:12 AM

When the fug did you serve? How the fug would you know why people would volunteer to serve? Your example is beyond stupid. Of course those guys would lay it on the line for their brothers in arms, who wouldn't? If America ever engaged in a blatantly unjust war not obfuscated by an appropriate cloak of lies you don't think there would be an immediate and extreme backlash from a significant portion of the guys who would be expected to fight? There would be.

You're doing the same thing you are accusing the author of the letter of doing. You are trying to speak for an untold number of fighting men. You're getting pretty twisted up about just one sentence....

I didn't, and I wish I had. Just didn't work out. College...dating wife...get job...settle down. I'm not getting worked up about his one sentence. I get worked up when people attack me. Having to explain my reasoning for what I said when the man's own words has him speaking on behalf of all...that shouldn't be too hard to understand. I, in no way, speak for anyone but it doesn't take a mathematician or statistician to understand that he might just be a minority of those who served. Heck...even if he is a majority it's ridiculous some of the things he brought up. No one is going to the Hague. Trials for Bush/Cheney are NOT going to happen. People are going to have to move on from this.

#19 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

No one VOLUNTEERS with the anticipation they're going to die or be wounded ONLY for just causes.

Do you think those snipers in Mogadishu asked to support their downed chopper pilot with the thought what they were doing was making a better Mogadishu? Hell freaking no. They did it because they chose to answer the call of whatever their country asked them to do and in situations like that...act like brothers in arms....true Band of Brothers. In fact...in the end of the Black Hawk Down movie...you get that spiel. It's not about the cause. It's about being there for your fellow soldier and do your job. That's it.

Want to bitch? Get out and do all the bitching you want. I get that. He has every right to bitch and complain, but to assume he speaks on behalf of ALL Iraqi veterans. The sentence that CWG has a complete blindfold when reading...is a reach.

Stop speaking for those of us who served. You don't know why we did what we did

#20 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

Stop speaking for those of us who served. You don't know why we did what we did

You're an idiot with reading comprehension issues.

#21 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,549 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:58 AM

Conservative chickenhawks started this war. Conservative chickenhawks defend it.

#22 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,101 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

No surprises here, another chickenhawk telling us how vets feel because they tied a yellow ribbon or said thanks to some guy in a uniform once.

I joined the military understanding I could be sent to die...but not sent to die for a stupid reason like Iraq. To say "he knew what he was getting into" is not only stupid, but besides the point. Your leaders have a sacred responsibility to not throw lives away. They also have a sacred responsibility to maintain the security of our country, and that means that sometimes people get put into dangerous situations. This is why I just laugh at the bozos who "demand accountability" for the mess in Bengazi to the point where they have adopted a fictitious reality in their head to support their demented ideas, yet 10 years ago the clearest, best documented case of bullshitting the American people that led to thousands of American deaths and many, many more foreigners deaths was just something that happened. To compare Obama with Bush on any level of deception, any level of terrible spending decisions, any level of arrogance, is beyond laughable.

All of us got sucked into that mess, its a powerful statement on the ability of groupthink to control the population. I knew in my heart and my head the war was the worst thing to happen in my generations era, I knew why and how it got started, and still I had moments that I thought "wow, everyone else seems on board with this thing, could I be wrong?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com