Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patton in 2nd?

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Lately, I hear alot discussion about Patterson, Allen, Austin, Hopkins, but somehow, Patton seems to be under the radar lately. He did impress at the Senior Bowl week.

In the current draft, I don't see anyone good enough to be no1 receiver, so how would you guys feel about Patton in 2nd round? I really don't see any of the above guys fall to mid 2nd round.

This would let Patton and LaFell battling no2 receiver this year and with a bit more cap, we could try and get a replacement for Smitty next year.

In my ideal situation, we trade back our 1st, get an extra 2nd, go DT 1st, OT 2nd and Patton 2nd...

Posted

any of hopkins, patton, hunter, or rodgers would be great in the 2nd

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah, people don't realize that so many great wr have been picked in the 2nd.

Patton would be the best choice obviously to me. Don't mean that I do not like other wr prospects.

Posted

Don't like Patton that much. Lot about his game that doesn't seem to translate.

If Hopkins falls, he'd be the best 2nd round WR option. Followed by a few other guys I'd take before Patton.

Posted

The more FA goes like this I see defense or OL with our First few picks.

Posted

Patton, Hunter are my hopeful WR targets in the second if we do not jump on one in the first. I like Patton over a lot of 1st round names honestly.

Posted

I think the second round is the round we take a WR but I don't think it's going to be Patton

Posted

If hunter falls to our pick in the second he is my choice but I could live with patton

Posted

only thing i dont like about patton is he is like 6ft tall. that is a bit concerning....

Posted

I would throw Bailey in there too. One reason I dont want to take a WR in the first.

Posted

I would love Patton in the 2nd round. Mayock mentioned Patton along with Austin and Bailey of being really good "slot receiver". I never thought of Patton as a slot receiver, but ever since then hearing it from Mayock, it makes a lot of sense.

Posted

Patton equals Jennings. Also will go into 2nd round like him to and comes from small school. Great route runner, good game speed, ball tracking skills, can play in the slot and also be a deep threat.

Love Patton the most out of every wide receiver. No wonder why I keep hearing reports about the Packers being sooo interested in him...........

Edit. He also can get off of press coverage.