#2 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,236 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

Very cool. I sometimes wish i had grown up during that time. Not so much in New York, but San Fran.

#3 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,021 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

I liked the vintage camel toe.

#4 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,988 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

Very cool. I sometimes wish i had grown up during that time. Not so much in New York, but San Fran.

I was thinking the same thing then read this sobering comment:

While these people look pretty the 70's not everyone did. The 70's were a decade marred by drug abuse, serial killers and a terrible economy in the US. As I recall it was the same in England, which is why the wedding of Princess Diana in 1981 and the election of Thatcher ( and here, Regan) at the end of the decade was seen in a favorable light - it ushered in an era of hope. Now you may not like them but you have to put things in the context of their time. These pictures are fun but the real 70's weren't.

bummer

#5 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,236 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

I was thinking the same thing then read this sobering comment:

bummer

Yea I was talking more about the musical scene of that time. My dad was 18 during the Hippie peace/love festivals in Haight Ashbury, said it was a blast.

My father was not a hippie though.

#6 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,192 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

brb....

Posted Image

#7 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,192 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

Yea I was talking more about the musical scene of that time. My dad was 18 during the Hippie peace/love festivals in Haight Ashbury, said it was a blast.

My father was not a hippie though.

My dad was in the corporate world by the time the 60s came around. Once he was on a recruiting trip to UC Berkeley, and the kids shut down the campus and chained/padlocked the building that he was in. He missed his flight back home. Needless to say, he was not a hippie, and was not sympathetic. LOL

#8 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,236 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

My dad was in the corporate world by the time the 60s came around. Once he was on a recruiting trip to UC Berkeley, and the kids shut down the campus and chained/padlocked the building that he was in. He missed his flight back home. Needless to say, he was not a hippie, and was not sympathetic. LOL

Haha. My mom went to Berkely, but in the 70s. And yea there were certainly some lunatics.

I think my dad was more commentating on all the naked hippie chicks walking around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.