#1 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

Is anyone else watching this series? it comes on History channel right at 10pm.

It has been very good so far, anyone else seen any episodes?

#2 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

I've caught up on them as of last night... through the 4th episode anyways (I think I can watch it early with TWC?)

Overall it is pretty good.

The acting is okay. The script is alright.

I don't really like how they all speak English... I guess they didn't want to use so many subtitles...

I don't really get the "seer" dude and why he looks like some other kind of creature other than a human...

The way I see it, though, it is probably 95% more historically accurate than The Bible.. ;)

#3 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

Pretty good. They were hyping it up to have the same type of gore and stuff as Game of Thrones but I haven't seen that yet, maybe torward the end of the season.

I had low expectations so I've been satisfied. There is a lot WORSE things on TV than that.

#4 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

Pretty good. They were hyping it up to have the same type of gore and stuff as Game of Thrones but I haven't seen that yet, maybe torward the end of the season.

I had low expectations so I've been satisfied. There is a lot WORSE things on TV than that.

Yeah you can tell it is wanting to ride GoT's success... but the actors in Vikings aren't anywhere near the level of those in GoT...

But like you said, it is satisfying TV if nothing else.

#5 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

Oh yeah it doesn't touch GoT, but I don't expect it to. I do like the main guy and love his wife, as she reminds me of one of the female characters in Skyrim lol.

#6 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,738 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

I was stoked about it as I thought it would be more history based...watched 15 seconds of it and turned it off (ok over to hgtv)

#7 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

It is pretty loosely based on Ragnar Lodbrook (or something like that) but very loosely...

I just watch it to admire the neckbeards tbqh

#8 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:31 AM

Yeah I was just wondering, I didnt know anything about it but I caught a couple of the episodes and liked it overall. I like the storyline so far and the acting is decent, I dont watch too many series shows normally just stick to sports outside of TWD and Bar Rescue.

I am going to start Game of Thrones soon but I'm trying to read all the books first

#9 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

Yeah I was just wondering, I didnt know anything about it but I caught a couple of the episodes and liked it overall. I like the storyline so far and the acting is decent, I dont watch too many series shows normally just stick to sports outside of TWD and Bar Rescue.

I am going to start Game of Thrones soon but I'm trying to read all the books first

Don't worry about reading the books first IMO. I watched season 1 first, and if anything, it helped me visualize the characters more.

#10 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

Don't worry about reading the books first IMO. I watched season 1 first, and if anything, it helped me visualize the characters more.

Does the show follow the books closely or just the main idea like the walking dead?

#11 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

Does the show follow the books closely or just the main idea like the walking dead?

IMO the show has followed the books very closely. There is always going to be some differences when you put a story onto tv/movie but GoT is one the best I've seen at keeping it close.

#12 Thelt

Thelt

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

I have been watching Vikings. It has been worth watching. From what I have read though it is not even close to historically correct. Normally that would not matter but you would think the history channel would try to get it right.

#13 Manos

Manos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

I like the show but it is really jumpy, it just skips large chunks of time for no real reason. I don't regret watching it but it is in my lower tier of shows I watch.

#14 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

I still dig it. The last episode was pretty crazy and not much happened minus some alliances type stuff. There is better TV, but there is a LOT worse also. I like the lead character though. Crazy that Floki is Eric from True Blood's brother, and also one of the main guys on Hemlock Grove is their brother too.

#15 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

Wow didnt know that about Floki, he is by far my favorite character. I am not sure why they skip periods of time the way they do but it does annoy me. I wish they would at least tell you how long it has been

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com