97 replies to this topic

#61 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:48 AM

I expect the superbowl. This is Rivera's last chance so I feel like he'll be balls to the walls this year. If we can get Star or Floyd in the first, and Hopkins or Hunter in the 2nd then I think we'll have the talent the get us in the playoffs at least.

#62 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:48 AM

This question shouldn't be asked until we draft our players, add certain players that are cut in training camp, and play all 4 preseason games, Because there's always injuries.

That being said, I'm done saying "this is our year". Last season I talked way too much so this season I'm just going to sit back and enjoy whatever happens.

We have all the talent in the world to win our division, it's up to the coaches and leaders of this team to get it done.

#63 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,759 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:49 AM

Every loss last season, except for the Broncos and Giants, we lost by less than a touchdown. If Rivera learned from his mistakes and coached like he did in those last few games, there's no reason we can't make the playoffs.

he hasn't shown he can manage close games. that's his problem, or at least where he's exposed.

#64 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,689 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

The expectation from me is the same as every year. I don't just want improvement, I want playoffs. That's what I want. What do I guess will happen from what I've seen? We will be more competitive than the last two years but I don't know if it will be enough. I don't think the coaches are the right ones and I think Cam needs another year or two before he steps into the territory of the Brees's, Mannings, and Bradys of the league skillwise. He's extremely gifted and is head and shoulders above the majority of QBs in the league, but he is still missing that surgical precision shown by the elite of the league. I think he is just one step away from having that same ability, and he will get there.

At least 9-7 but I'm not calling playoffs. But who knows, they might surprise me. But probably not.

#65 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

Rivera has to make the playoffs or he's done. We should have made the playoffs this year. We were a 4th and 1(Atl), and another ref scew job game(Dallas) from being 9-7.

#66 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

As much as i wanted rivera fired, i really think that he learned from repeating the same mistakes last year. he felt the heat of the hotseat, watched those around him drop, and now he knows the time is now. i also think the team realized what went wrong and they will be more vocal to suspect calling.

#67 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,584 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

The schedule is really tough so who knows.......having said that I appreciate your sacrifice and wish you a safe tour.You are a true hero for risking your life and protecting our country.Thank you for your service.

#68 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

I'd say a certainty is we're not winning the division.
So, the only chance for the playoffs is 1 of 2 wildcard spots.
1 of those will go to the NFCW.
The other to NFCN or NFCE, or even if it's NFCS, it's not us.

5-11 or 6-10

#69 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,535 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

I think we have a realistic shot of going 8-8 +\- 5. And about a 37.5% shot of making the playoffs.

I expected you to say a 33.33% chance (repeating, of course) :unsure:

As for me, I expect improvement. Not ready to go beyond that this far out.

#70 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,201 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

No talent in the secondary, DT void, shaky o-line, best WR is getting way up in age, light hasn't come on for Cam. Right now I'm thinking around 6-10, but it's too soon to try and guess. Need a great draft.

The defense was in the top 10. Smitty is fine. Cam set a team record with Pass attempts without an interception.

Talking about see the glass half full or half empty.

#71 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,201 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

he hasn't shown he can manage close games. that's his problem, or at least where he's exposed.

I was not for bringing him back. I thought Rivera lost it. I am not sure whether they wanted to let Gettlemen get a grip on the team and time to decide who he wanted. Or whether JR was committed to giving him one final shot.

Either way, the decision was made to keep him. I am going to believe in that decision. So I am going to hope you are wrong and he has learned from his mistakes.

#72 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

I've been a glass empty guy/Debbie Downer since 2010, or a realist as I look at it. When it comes to Panthers sucess, it turns out I have been very realistic. I see a Ted Ginn signing and I don't a number 2 receiver but a kick/punt returner. That is still good but when I tell someone he isn't a number 2, I'm hating.

#73 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,261 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

I understand this thread may be a little premature, but just wanted an opinion, or feedback on everyones predictions for this season. I am going to miss the majority of the season as I will be heading to Afghanistan again in June. I realize that I am new here, but figured I would create a profile to keep me busy in my down time. Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your incredible service. Will look forward to hearing from you while in Afghanistan.

At this point, I have to say what I have is hope rather than expectations. I realize some are afraid to hope, but for me that is no fun as a fan.

I was not in favor of Rivera returning. Since he did, I am hoping he surprises us all. I hope he learns from his mistakes. Not sure he had any guidance with Hurney. Gettleman said his job was to make everyone better. Got to think he has reviewed lots of film with Ron. If RR is open to learning and making adjustments, he will be a better coach this year.

Shula. Lots of people down on him. Why not believe he has learned a lot since his last OC job? (Likely given to him prematurely because of his last name) I am sure the read option will not be the base offense, and we all know how the Panthers improved when that strategy was dropped last year. I believe he will make better use of the RB's.

Cam will be better.

Gettleman has made some solid moves in FA. Best possible outcome giving the cap situation. And I like the fact he is not sacrificing next year for this one.

The draft is of course very important. I agree with whoever said we need to get 3 starters out of this draft. I would not bet against the Grinder getting this done.

Bottom line, I see no reason not to hope for improvement. My hope is for the playoffs. I also hope we surprise a few people. I hope Rivera surprises us all.

#74 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,356 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

Well, first I want to see how the draft goes.

But if I *did* have to guess right now, I'd guess 9-7.

#75 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,255 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

Well it's still March unfortunately. This should be a thread for the end of April when we at the absolute very least know our schedule and draft picks.

I witnessed the hilarity of certain characters here declaring Cam Newton a bust during the 2011 preseason only to disappear the entire regular season. So needless to say, I don't take much of the huddles knee jerk predictions too seriously.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.