• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers Visits/Prospect Meetings Tracker

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

Ben Sinnott is a really intriguing TE prospect. Like the dude a lot for us 

me too.  I think we will go TE some how some way

I wonder how many of those edges were before Clowney signed. 

I like to look for patterns--some of these names are to show interest to players who might go undrafted.

Here is what I noticed--

• NO true Centers.  There are no signs that we might take a Center in the draft.  On this list, Haynes is listed as a C/G but he did not play C at UConn.  RG.
  • The Morgan influence suggests that they might take an ILB "dawg" early.  Wilson and Cooper are mid second rounders at least--if not earlier.
  • They are really doing homework on the WRs.  We have met with 8 of them.  Could we take 2?
  • To me, it is scary that they have checked out Wiggins (CB Clemson).  175 lbs and not good in run support---we need our CBs to come up and contain.  He reminds me of Henderson.  Someone talk me out of it.
  • I do not understand the lack of attention to the CB position.  Neither RIchardson nor Wiggins are good in run support, and Richardson is simply not a good CB considering his athleticism.  He is a fifth or sixth rounder imo. 
  • Based on these lists, I would say WR and ILB in the second round.  TE maybe in the third.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 3

13 minutes ago, MHS831 said:
  • NO true Centers.  There are no signs that we might take a Center in the draft.  On this list, Haynes is listed as a C/G but he did not play C at UConn.  RG.

I added the C next to his name. Daniel Jeremiah mentioned Haynes can play all 3 interior spots during the NFL Combine 

6 hours ago, MHS831 said:

me too.  I think we will go TE some how some way

I wonder how many of those edges were before Clowney signed. 

I like to look for patterns--some of these names are to show interest to players who might go undrafted.

Here is what I noticed--

• The Morgan influence suggests that they might take an ILB "dawg" early.  Wilson and Cooper are mid second rounders at least--if not earlier.
  • They are really doing homework on the WRs.  We have met with 8 of them.  Could we take 2?
  • To me, it is scary that they have checked out Wiggins (CB Clemson).  175 lbs and not good in run support---we need our CBs to come up and contain.  He reminds me of Henderson.  Someone talk me out of it.
  • I do not understand the lack of attention to the CB position.  Neither RIchardson nor Wiggins are good in run support, and Richardson is simply not a good CB considering his athleticism.  He is a fifth or sixth rounder imo. 
  • Based on these lists, I would say WR and ILB in the second round.  TE maybe in the third.

Agree with everything in your assessment. I think Gilmore may still be in our future. Don’t forget we resigned Troy Hill who should start at nickel. He is really good at run support and he can help on the outside too.

Edited by Beast_3000
  • Pie 1

8 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

There is no direct correlation between visits/senior bowl interviews and whom actually gets drafted.  

It may happen. It may not. Yes, the odds are high it may be. No sure thing.

I was gonna make this disclaimer too.

Many of the guys teams meet with are for a reason. Not always the case teams are sold-these are job interviews at the end of the day.

Could mean they saw promise on tape but heard weird things about the guy.

So many possibilities and sometimes a guy that is on these lists could have quietly been scratched off our board entirely due to, well a bad interview or visit. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1