#78 Illuminati704

Illuminati704

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationFort Polk, Louisiana

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

I honestly feel like if we can just close out the close games (essentially every game) we have a realistic shot at making the playoffs. 9-7 can get you there in today's league. If we do get there, and the team is streaking as they usually do towards the end of the season then we could possibly "upset" a team or two. Of course all of this depends on different variables like the draft, and the remainder of free agency.

Thanks for your comments.

#79 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

It doesn't matter what we think. Last season it was 13-3 and we got 7-9

This season our expectations are piss poor it seems but now watch us go 11-5 or something

#80 Illuminati704

Illuminati704

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

I'm not expecting a break out season by any means. I will be dissapointed however due to the fact that it's been a while since we've had a relevant season, and I feel the potential is there. At least we aren't Browns fans.

#81 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

It doesn't matter what we think. Last season it was 13-3 and we got 7-9

This season our expectations are piss poor it seems but now watch us go 11-5 or something

unless rivera has learned to quit being a moron and giving other teams the ball and inviting them to score under some misguided and antiquated notion that proper game management in close games is trusting your defense to "protect" your lead, we're gonna end up giving close games away just like every other year.

the only hope we have is getting a big enough lead that his game management doesn't end up handing the game away. with shula as OC and if he brings back a more traditional ground and pound offense like many think, then you can say good bye to big leads amd any real hope of a winning season.

#82 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

I'm not expecting a break out season by any means. I will be dissapointed however due to the fact that it's been a while since we've had a relevant season, and I feel the potential is there. At least we aren't Browns fans.

the browns will finish with a better record than us. more has to do with inferior competition, but they took big strides forward. we didn't.

#83 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

I expected you to say a 33.33% chance (repeating, of course) :unsure:

As for me, I expect improvement. Not ready to go beyond that this far out.

If 12 teams make the playoffs in a 32 team league, I think we have better than 1/3 shot

#84 Illuminati704

Illuminati704

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

the browns will finish with a better record than us. more has to do with inferior competition, but they took big strides forward. we didn't.

That's fine, and understandable. However the point I was referring to was their lack of making the playoffs in a very long time.

#85 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

08 was a long time ago to me.

#86 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

If 12 teams make the playoffs in a 32 team league, I think we have better than 1/3 shot

that's assuming all things/teams/coaching staffs are equal, which they aren't.

our chances would be better if we were in the afc...or had a better coaching staff and access to better FAs than we could currently afford.

#87 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

Posted Image

#88 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

That's fine, and understandable. However the point I was referring to was their lack of making the playoffs in a very long time.

we have the same number of winning seasons they've had the last 7 years and only one more winning season than them since 2000.

we really are only a little better than them and i honestly don't take any solace in knowing that one of the couple teams we can claim to be better than while the franchise has existed is the browns. 20+ teams in the league can say in bad years, "at least we aren't the panthers".

historically we've been a losing team with very little exception.

#89 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

I think it really depends on the schedule. We could get screwed into a tough 0-4 start and lose confidence/Rivera or we could start out strong and start 4-0 and build confidence.

#90 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

We won't have a repeat of the last two seasons. I maintain that we have a lot of talent on the roster, more than most people here think. Even with a hole at DT, our defense is going to be as good or better than it was last year. And with Newton under center, we're always a threat to score.

The question is, how will we start? If we have a winning record early, I think the team will gel and contend for the division, or a wild card spot at the very least. But if we start out in the hole again, then everyone in the locker room will know that Rivera will be gone, and will play like it. And we'll end up with a truly terrible record.

So we should see 9-11 wins, or 3-4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.