#1 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

http://www.wwaytv3.c...nds-shots-fired

Investigators are looking for information about a family of three, including the driver, a female passenger and a toddler, who they say left the scene after the driver allegedly fired several rounds at the other vehicle. The Sheriff's Office released a video of part of the incident that shows the driver of a SUV confronting the driver of a truck and throwing a punch. That's when two men jump out of the truck and attack the other driver.

So yeah.

No idea if the dumbass actually fired on the kids that cut him off.
But how dumbfug unstable do you have to be to pull a gun?
Actually follow someone to a stopping point and get out and hit them?
Do alllll of this when you have a small child with you?

#2 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,534 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

So... he got in the kids face, punched him... then when they beat him down he pulled his gun... hmmm... then what, he shot at them afterwars? I wonder who was taking the video?

Some people also shouldn't be allowed to breathe... this guy seems to be one of them.

#3 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,097 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

stand your ground

#4 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,203 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

stand your ground

Do you literally not know any thing about self defense laws?

#5 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,097 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

idk explain

#6 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,203 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

It wouldn't be a stand your ground case. Just as the Zimmerman- Martin case wasnt stand your ground. I know you were probably being sarcastic but it just makes you look foolish.

#7 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,097 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

I was being sarcastic.

#8 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,203 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

I figured as much.

#9 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,097 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

GZ case could still fall under SYG after it goes to court.

No one was shot in this case but what if they were? Yeah he punched the kid first but what if he felt his life was "threatened" when they ganged up on him and were beating him senseless. That's the only qualifier to my knowledge. They just have to rule that yeah he feared for his life dagumit.

i'll continue this post later.

#10 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

GZ case could still fall under SYG after it goes to court.

No one was shot in this case but what if they were? Yeah he punched the kid first but what if he felt his life was "threatened" when they ganged up on him and were beating him senseless. That's the only qualifier to my knowledge. They just have to rule that yeah he feared for his life dagumit.

i'll continue this post later.

My loose understanding of the law (its been awhile since I read) is basically if you start it, then you best not draw a weapon.

#11 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 31,534 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

My loose understanding of the law (its been awhile since I read) is basically if you start it, then you best not draw a weapon.

Also looks to me like the NC version (which I'm assuming would apply to this particular guy in Carteret County) only applies to "home, workplace and motor vehicle".

http://www.ncga.stat.../PDF/H650v5.pdf

I didn't read the whole thing, but looks to me like this guy was wrong all the way around.

I think the Florida law is different.

#12 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,097 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

says if you provoke the other person it doesn't apply,

BUT you can claim defense if the person you provoked attacks you severely enough and resumes force when you try to retreat, then you can SYG

when he was going back to his car, he could be trying to "retreat". Thus pulling the gun could have been justified.

#13 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,097 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

The justification described in G.S. 14-51.2 and G.S. 14-51.3 is not available to a person who used defensive force and who:
(1) (2)
Was attempting to commit, committing, or escaping after the commission of a felony.
Initially provokes the use of force against himself or herself. However, the person who initially provokes the use of force against himself or herself will be justified in using defensive force if either of the following occur:
a.
b.
The force used by the person who was provoked is so serious that the person using defensive force reasonably believes that he or she was in imminent danger of death or serious bodily harm, the person using defensive force had no reasonable means to retreat, and the use of force which is likely to cause death or serious bodily harm to the person who was provoked was the only way to escape the danger. The person who used defensive force withdraws, in good faith, from physical contact with the person who was provoked, and indicates clearly that he or she desires to withdraw and terminate the use of force, but the person who was provoked continues or resumes the use
of force."

No chance that's readable but there it is

#14 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

Yep, for any of you guys with your conceal/carry permit, you go through endless speeches and scenarios on why you cannot start some crap, then pull your weapon.

You cannot even start blowing the horn, shooting the bird and then pull your gun because you are confronted. Someone else has to be the total aggressor, is how it was taught to us.

#15 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 31,534 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

The justification described in G.S. 14-51.2 and G.S. 14-51.3 is not available to a person who used defensive force and who:
(1) (2)
Was attempting to commit, committing, or escaping after the commission of a felony.
Initially provokes the use of force against himself or herself. However, the person who initially provokes the use of force against himself or herself will be justified in using defensive force if either of the following occur:
a.
b.
The force used by the person who was provoked is so serious that the person using defensive force reasonably believes that he or she was in imminent danger of death or serious bodily harm, the person using defensive force had no reasonable means to retreat, and the use of force which is likely to cause death or serious bodily harm to the person who was provoked was the only way to escape the danger. The person who used defensive force withdraws, in good faith, from physical contact with the person who was provoked, and indicates clearly that he or she desires to withdraw and terminate the use of force, but the person who was provoked continues or resumes the use
of force."

No chance that's readable but there it is

lol

So you basically have to withdraw, wave a white flag or something... then you can use SYG if they come back at you...

Geesh, that's some lawyer speak there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.