38 replies to this topic

#16 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,344 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

Thanks stirs, this reminds me of when people told me if gay marriage were legalized, we'd be able to marry goats and all hetero marriages would be lessened because of it.

Good to know those people, although now hiding out under the guise of Amendments and civil unions, are still out there and just as stupid.

Because that will be the actual effect of a player saying he's gay. Suddenly all the players will say, "Meh, so what, I've played with gay players all my pre professional life and it was no big deal" and that's about it. Maybe the player will endorse Miatas, or to make stirs happy, giant gay dildos that are clearly different from hetero dildos.

Quit being such a whiney tail.

Can't you discuss anything without throwing a hissy? If you don't think the millions of corporate dollars that are thrown at these guys through endorsements might be reevaluated, then fine. It is just a discussion. Sheesh, maybe they can endorse Midol and make you happy, finally.

#17 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,926 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

haha you tell me to stop whining then tell me to take a Midol, thats rich

We all know where you are coming from and how dopey you are so relax.

#18 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,344 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

Okay, despite CWG and Panthro, let's continue.

My opinion would be that if this person is a starter, that shoe deals, who's prime target is young males, might go away, with the possible exception of Nike. But, they might be replaced with more lucrative deals in other areas.

From the locked thread, I can see I was correct in my ascertion about shirts possibly falling off. I figure it might be a reflection of society like the vote last year.

One other area that might be interesting to discuss might be the face of the franchise. If Aaron Rogers or Cam Newton were the one. How would the face of the franchise be marketed?

In my opening statement and thread title, I said it should make no difference, but there will be some fallout, just wondering what it would look like to begin with.

And Panthro/CWG, keep you "I might suck cock" comments to a minimum.

#19 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,390 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

My opinion would be that if this person is a starter, that shoe deals, who's prime target is young males, might go away, with the possible exception of Nike. But, they might be replaced with more lucrative deals in other areas.

I can't imagine any company that currently endorses a player dropping those endorsements if a player comes out, because the backlash against that company would be tremendous. Well, at least not immediately. It might quietly happen after the initial buzz has worn down, but I doubt it would happen even then.

#20 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,926 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

There you go stirs, independent sources confirm you have no clue.

#21 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,344 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:50 AM

CWG, as usual, you bring so much to any conversation.

Underarmour for instance. Seems like it is marketed solely to young males. I would think they might let their sponsorship ride out, but not renew.

Is it right? No, but if their audience doesn't connect, then they would possibly be doing something counter productive for the brand. Nike, on the other hand, has a much broader appeal and I could see them making big money from continuing to embrace the athlete.

Just thinking out loud about how it might play out.

#22 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,926 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

You are thinking out loud about guys wearing Underarmour.

#23 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,344 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

You are thinking out loud about guys wearing Underarmour.

and your problem with it is......

#24 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,926 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:13 AM

Its just an observation, there's no need to get defensive.

#25 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,926 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

And I just noticed that in the locked thread concerning gay athletes you mentioned me and my bunched up shorts as well, which I will take as a compliment.

#26 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,730 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:19 AM

I personally have no problem with it. Whether it was Cam Newton or any other player... I'd still buy/wear his jersey.

I don't think there will be any implications as far as sponsorships unless it's positive... I think a lot of companies would flock to that player. I do think there would be a lot of bashing by fans of opposing teams... a LOT, and most of it would be totally inappropriate.

I don't always agree with stirs, and hardly ever agree with cwg, but at least stirs is just asking questions and trying to have a discussion... cwg you're just being a dick.

#27 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,302 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

I don't always agree with stirs, and hardly ever agree with cwg, but at least stirs is just asking questions and trying to have a discussion... cwg you're just being a dick.

Welcome to Tinderbox.

#28 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,510 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

Is Cam sponsored by a coal mining company, the Southern Baptist, Hobby Lobby, or Chick-fil-a? If not, he's proably fine as most other companies aren't run by troglodytes.

#29 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

From the locked thread, I can see I was correct in my ascertion about shirts possibly falling off. I figure it might be a reflection of society like the vote last year.

One other area that might be interesting to discuss might be the face of the franchise. If Aaron Rogers or Cam Newton were the one. How would the face of the franchise be marketed?

In my opening statement and thread title, I said it should make no difference, but there will be some fallout, just wondering what it would look like to begin with.

And Panthro/CWG, keep you "I might suck cock" comments to a minimum.

Not sure where I ever said you or anyone else did. I was referring to people that think its a choice to be gay...as in waking up daily and making a choice not to be gay....

For the first time in history the majority of Americans are for gay marriage. It has increased a percentage point per year since 2004 and is now at 51%.

While some of the small minded people might not buy their jersey I would think more people would swarm to them in support.

It would impact the NFL positively all the way down to youth sports....it crushes the inbred redneck stereotypes and opens the door to all football loving kids to play a sport they love without fear or judgement.

If you think a company would pull endorsements you are crazy...the back lash to that company would be huge.

#30 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,926 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

I'm not a dick, I'm making the point, like you did, that nothing would change that would affect anyone here at all. It's stirs own issues that are in discussion here, not the actual idea of a openly gay NFL player.

OK I just do it in a dickish way, because it's more fun than attempting to have a rational discussion with someone as off the rails as stirs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.