• This topic is locked This topic is locked
308 replies to this topic

#91 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

the fact that it's 2013 and this is even remotely news worthy tells me we have a long long way to go!

the whole showering thing being an issue is absurd too. they are gay, doesn't mean they have uncontrollable urges at all times and can't even shower with other men without it being a problem.

#92 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

the fact that it's 2013 and this is even remotely news worthy tells me we have a long long way to go!

the whole showering thing being an issue is absurd too. they are gay, doesn't mean they have uncontrollable urges at all times and can't even shower with other men without it being a problem.

So in your opinion, does one have the right to be uncomfortable showering with a gay man? Or does the tolerance end there?

#93 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

uncomfortable is a tough thing to measure!! maybe there's straight guy in there with a real small package and he feels uncomfortable too...so should he have a private shower area too? I'm grasping a little here I suppose. but to answer your question, in my opinion, I don't see there being an issue with showering with someone because they are gay. Based on the odds, changes are, if the whole team is in the showers, one of them is probably gay anyway, maybe even more.

#94 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

uncomfortable is a tough thing to measure!! maybe there's straight guy in there with a real small package and he feels uncomfortable too...so should he have a private shower area too? I'm grasping a little here I suppose. but to answer your question, in my opinion, I don't see there being an issue with showering with someone because they are gay. Based on the odds, changes are, if the whole team is in the showers, one of them is probably gay anyway, maybe even more.

I get what you're saying. I couldn't care less myself, but I could understand the alpha male, turbo-douche, jock type having a problem with it, and his views should be considered as well.
But to play devil's advocate, If I showered with the Top Cats, I'm not saying my urges would be uncontrollable, but they would most definately be present. I don't understand how it would be different with a gay man in a shower full of men. Maybe it is. I don't know.

#95 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

ya, I don't know either. I am with you on the urges with the Top Cats though!!!!

I don't mean to stereotype, but I think homosexuality is much more prevalent in the female sports...or at least this is what I am lead to believe. I don't think it's a big deal for the women so I'm not sure why it should be for the men. again, just my opinion based on zero fact or science!

#96 scarface

scarface

• HUDDLER
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

Please don't be a Panther.

#97 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,736 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

Please don't be a Panther.

who cares...

Pretty sure we have had a gay guy in Carolina before....and his teammates likely knew it.

#98 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

who cares...

Pretty sure we have had a gay guy in Carolina before....and his teammates likely knew it.

A DB was rumored to be, and it is interesting because it was rumored to be the central, underlying element that triggered a conflict.

#99 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

...yea, i dont care what anyones sexual preference is but a gay man in a locker full of men is comparible to you showering with the Topcats after the game...

So you know what a gay man is thinking about in a shower with other men?

#100 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:58 AM

"Last played in 1999 for the Carolina Panthers" - http://en.wikipedia....ki/Esera_Tuaolo

who cares...

^ Posted his name on Page 1

#101 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,264 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

Look at it this way. When do men usually realize or come to accept that they are gay. High School or college.

If you are a potential NFL player you are likely a stud in HS and college. And have been playing with men and showering for years.

Are you all of a sudden going to say "I'm not going to follow my NFL dream anymore because the NFL isn't open to gays"?

I think most top tier athletes would deal with it.

#102 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

I think there's one word being lost in this whole gay professional player coming out.

PROFESSIONAL.

I don't think any gay NFL player in their right mind would be willing to risk their livelihood to act out on any lustful urge. And if they did, I think the gay community would be harsher on them than society in large.

#103 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

I'm just here to sign up for the Topcat showering thing that was being discussed....

#104 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

saw your name and thought you were taking the opportunity to out yourself!

#105 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

So you know what a gay man is thinking about in a shower with other men?

...yea, hes thinking he likes men. what would you be thinking in the Topcats shower only under the assumption ur hetero?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com