Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest BlueBoyRamses_E1b1a

Atlanta go to Clemson to stop read-option

101 posts in this topic

read option = play action

Peyton Manning has to use play action b/c he isn't an athlete. Read option for Cam is just a modern day play action for a real athlete.

Great minds think alike.

I mentioned that on this forum long ago. I coined it as the "Play-action run"(instead of play-action pass).

As I said before, NFL teams are like old people trying to be hip. No matter what a mobile QB will hurt you at least twice a game for a big run. Teams use to put a spy on Vick. Now the read option reduce the risk of injury through misdirection. The QB running was and will always be deadly. Combine that with a QB who can throw darts. Forget about it!

It's almost like trying to stop a fake in basketball. No solution, hope he misses the shot.

Well, they're a year too late because Chud is long gone.

is that an assumption we will no longer run options?

a bad assumption

No, that would be stupid to not use Cam's strengths. I don't think we'll be running it as often as we did with Chud.

Anything that is executed well is hard to stop.

this. specific scheme doesn't matter as much as how it's executed.

and we will continue running read option. maybe not as much, but we'll still be running it and cam will still be running.

we have him here not because he's a pocket passer, but because of the total package...him being a true dual threat. keeping him in the pocket is a mistake and leaving points and wins on the table.

When you have LBs like the falcons do, you aren't going to stop a QB like Cam from running. They just don't have the personnel. Scheme can put a band aid on it at best.

But hey, I hear the falcons are going to sign 2 more high profile DBs.

Hope they also sign 2 more high profile CBs too. Maybe they should trade Julio for Revis.

Peyton Manning has to use play action b/c he isn't an athlete.

lmao

Most ridiculous thing posted so far this year. Congats!

For the record, play action pass helps any qb that can chuck the ball, as it brings the defense down towards the.line of scrimmage, allowing it to be beat over the top.

You're welcome for the free session.

1 person likes this

For the record, play action pass helps any qb that can chuck the ball, as it brings the defense down towards the.line of scrimmage, allowing it to be beat over the top.

You're welcome for the free session.

Your next post will be describing a football field as being a rectangle in shape.

lmao

Most ridiculous thing posted so far this year. Congats!

How can you say what he said is ridiculous but don't give your input? Enlighten us, please!

How can you say what he said is ridiculous but don't give your input? Enlighten us, please!

He just described a hall of fame NFL QB as not being an athlete.

Does it really need further input?

Your next post will be describing a football field as being a rectangle in shape.

the idiots don't know that either?

Then there is no hope for them.