#46 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,196 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

I'm not sure that you can consider gun owners minorities... especially when you count illegal owners of guns...

I was referring to the statement that there should be mandatory gun ownership training for everyone who owns a gun.

if we required that, we would be requiring people to spend money on something that is a constitutional right....exactly the opposite of the arguement that liberals make when they are against requiring an ID to vote.

Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

#47 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,146 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

I was loling because this is where he draws the line in the sand when it comes to minority rights and makes his stand

#48 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,146 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

I was referring to the statement that there should be mandatory gun ownership training for everyone who owns a gun.

if we required that, we would be requiring people to spend money on something that is a constitutional right....exactly the opposite of the arguement that liberals make when they are against requiring an ID to vote.

Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

I agree

I thought it was hypocritical where g5 made his stand as well. Not sure how he could be for voter id's and against yearly classes or registration fee's for guns

#49 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,663 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

I agree

I thought it was hypocritical where g5 made his stand as well. Not sure how he could be for voter id's and against yearly classes or registration fee's for guns

How am I a hypocrite when we don't do IQ tests for voting...and would not support that.

Voter id != poll taxing when the ids are provided by the state for free in the event someone cannot/does not have a form of id.

You're just making crap up now.

#50 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,146 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

How am I a hypocrite when we don't do IQ tests for voting...and would not support that.

Voter id != poll taxing when the ids are provided by the state for free in the event someone cannot/does not have a form of id.

You're just making crap up now.

So if the state required gun classes and registration and offered it for free you would support it

#51 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,663 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

So if the state required gun classes and registration and offered it for free you would support it

If the state mandates it then it would have to be offered for free....thus it would become a poll tax.

#52 Cage

Cage

Eternal Hatred

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

"Poll taxing" on gun ownership.

Nah...minority rights don't matter if it's a liberal idea.

Regardless of the intent of your idea, it's stupid.

I'm seriously beginning to doubt your intelligence. Requiring mandatory classes before gun ownership is an excellent idea. Before I joined the Marines, I had 0 experience with guns (just like the majority of people I served with). We were taught those 4 simple rules I posted earlier and had them beaten into our head. Despite the fact that we handled guns constantly (I slept with my rifle more times than I slept with women), deaths due to "negligent discharges" pretty much never happened. Education is a wonderful thing.

Any brainless jackass with no respect for the lethal nature of firearms can buy a gun. A person with no proper training on how to be safe with weapons leads to disaster (as the dumbass father demonstrates). I thought the GOP was the common sense party?????

#53 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,663 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

I'm seriously beginning to doubt your intelligence. Requiring mandatory classes before gun ownership is an excellent idea. Before I joined the Marines, I had 0 experience with guns (just like the majority of people I served with). We were taught those 4 simple rules I posted earlier and had them beaten into our head. Despite the fact that we handled guns constantly (I slept with my rifle more times than I slept with women), deaths due to "negligent discharges" pretty much never happened. Education is a wonderful thing.

Any brainless jackass with no respect for the lethal nature of firearms can buy a gun. A person with no proper training on how to be safe with weapons leads to disaster (as the dumbass father demonstrates). I thought the GOP was the common sense party?????

Keep reading the thread...and you'll see I didn't quote Zod. THAT was the stupid comment I was responding to.

#54 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:15 AM

I am not sure that yearly update on training would be necessary. But, every couple of years should be required.

annual training would be best. NC gun laws have had three major changes since 2011 and a fourth is in the works.

#55 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,285 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:27 AM

Panthro, your arguments are so worthless for the real problem. And there is a real problem.

95% of gun owners cherish the right, are very responsible and go by all rules. Those folks are not the problem. yes, they would jump through all your worthless hoops and still not be the problem. It is the others that are the problem and your answer to their disregard to your hoops is to just take away all guns for everyone including the 95%. This is the issue.

I agree there is a problem, but NONE of your self righteous hoops do anything toward solving the problem, they are just, as usual, a show, and an opportunistic one.

#56 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,663 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:52 AM

Good question towards the end.

How many kid deaths are acceptable to liberals. I remember the tiled front page of a magazine showing the pictures of all those kids. What if it was 7 kids...would the page be any less dramatic?

#57 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,818 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

Most states require a hunter saftey course before they give you a a hunting license. Which is a great thing.

I would be in favor of a Safety course requirement before you could own your first gun. But to require a yearly class would be costly and pointless to me. One of the first videos I would have played in the course would be accidental shooting scenes. If that doesnt scare to person to handle a gun responsible nothing will.

#58 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 17,903 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

Yeah I am going to get an old old black powder musket handed down to me...it doesn't fire anymore which is I guess the exception to my rule. If it's a paper weight its ok.

:)

Someday I aspire to be perfect like Panthro.

Simple IQ test needs to be a requirement for gun ownership

Unfortunately IQ often does not correlate to common sense

#59 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 17,903 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

Terrible tragedy this kids life ended so early. No family should have to deal with that. What would a just punishment for Dad be?

#60 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,146 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:48 AM

No family has to deal with it if they don't own a gun.

I would think negligence means involuntary manslaughter

True you will never be perfect like me...but perhaps you can live your life in a Panthro-like manner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com