• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#11 MHS831

MHS831

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

Kuelchy was not a need..

We definitely had bigger needs, but with Beason coming off an achilles injury, I would say that we had a need. Funny but out MLBs seem to enter as OLBs and quickly get moved inside as a result of injury.

I am concerned about all the DTs in the draft--when half bust, there is no certainty. Nick Fairley of Auburn supposedly is not doing well. Sedric Ellis, Glenn Dorsey, etc. I do not know why, but many bust.

I would just as soon bring in free agents or draft one later. They scare me.

#12 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:54 AM

However, I am not a good judge of DTs.

*cough* well same for me since my previous DTs were McClain sigh.. and Jaye Howard, i still think Jaye is a good DT for the Seahawks, but he is not playing..

#13 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

*cough* well same for me since my previous DTs were McClain sigh.. and Jaye Howard, i still think Jaye is a good DT for the Seahawks, but he is not playing..

I cannot figure DT out and never will. Ha! at least we admit our shortcomings.

#14 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

HUDDLER

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

Kawann short flew to Carolina yesterday or today I think to meet with panthers brass. So there's interest, like him a lot as a player, knew he was a good rusher but saw in the senior bowl that he's good against the run too, much better than Richardson in my opinion

#15 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

Short has the ability to be the best DT to come out of this draft but must learn to give maximum effort on a much more consistent basis.

I'd love for him to be our pick at 44.

#16 Dash Global

Dash Global

HUDDLER

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

Ok, I must say I slipped on Short. This dude is a BEAST. Every video I watch on him he is getting TFL and sacks. An absolute terror on the line.

Who every gets this guy is gonna have a good one. People are severally underestimating / undervaluing this kid.

#17 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

I need to take a second look, I suppose.

I would caution judging defensive players in the senior bowl, however. The offenses are very vanilla and the OL is so mixed up there is no chemistry.

#18 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

Watch my favorite late round DT, Boyd from Miss St.

#19 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

Ok, I must say I slipped on Short. This dude is a BEAST. Every video I watch on him he is getting TFL and sacks. An absolute terror on the line.

Who every gets this guy is gonna have a good one. People are severally underestimating / undervaluing this kid.

Yeah the kid is a beast. He's probably been the most productive DL in this draft. If it wasn't for the inconsistent motor he'd be a sure fire 1st round pick. I hope he falls but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he doesn't.

Another thing is that Short, like several of the top DL, will be 25 by the time next season ends, which I found interesting.

#20 Yaboychris28

Yaboychris28

HUDDLER

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

Watched a lot of his videos. He seems to lack mobility side to side, Also he seemed to give up on plays quite often. Out of the 2nd round dt's, my favorite is Sylvester Williams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users