• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#61 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

To me, the big story is what Gman does with the money. What I like about Gettlemen: Not interested in 2014--we need to put a team on the field in 2013. I would love to see him sign Brandon Moore G (Jets) and cut Garry Williams. He could probably break even.

#62 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,711 posts

To me, the big story is what Gman does with the money. What I like about Gettlemen: Not interested in 2014--we need to put a team on the field in 2013. I would love to see him sign Brandon Moore G (Jets) and cut Garry Williams. He could probably break even.

#63 Rags

Rags

help

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

I mean it's not like there's OTs past round one if we don't draft one in the first this year.

First round or never here huh?

#64 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,711 posts

#65 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,827 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

#66 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

The question is, is the 3rd best OT better than the 2nd best WR? Or CB? Or the top 1 or 2 safety?

BPA!!!!!!!!!!

Or the 2nd best DT. Or probably the 3rd best OG. I'd be stoked if Cooper fell to us, but it probably won't happen. I'm not sold on this Richardson pick everyone seems to think we'll go.

#67 Rags

Rags

help

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

Menelik Watson, Kyle Long and Justin Pugh are all really solid options in the second, can sit and learn behind Gross for a year/be rotational guys and start if he leaves in 2014.

#68 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,182 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

I don't have to see the future, The panther's will either need to suck this up coming season or get one in the current draft. They just don't have the cap space to go after a viable LT replacement in Free Agency either year.

I meant how do you know we won't have a low draft pick?

#69 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,332 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

I meant how do you know we won't have a low draft pick?

I'm hoping we don't cause if we do that means the team sucked again for another season.

#70 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

This isn't a win for Gettleman and the Panther's.... not in any way shape or form, they have to take a LT this year now which most likely will mean trading picks to move up into the top 10. Only way this works out in the Panther's favor is if Johnson or Fisher drop to them at 14.

The Panther's should in no way shape or form be in position to draft a LT next year that can come in and play LT year one. If they can it means the team went 4-12 or something like that this year. The team isn't going to have the money to bring in a viable LT player through FA either in the next two years.

im with accorrsi, Im not so sure about drafting O line early. Look at Byron Bell, he was undrafted and is developing into a very capable starter. Look at the Packers, awful O line but they are succesful because A. They have a franchise QB and they have a ton of weapons. I say load up on skill positions and draft a WR early and draft O line in later rounds

#71 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,182 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

I'm hoping we don't cause if we do that means the team sucked again for another season.

spoiler alert, prepare yourself.

#72 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,182 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

spoiler alert, prepare yourself.

There's been no addition, only subtraction, and not addition by subtraction either. a 7-9 team can't afford to lose what it had.

#73 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

If Gross voids his contract after next year exactly how many folks will come out of the woodwork to bid on him? Next year it supposed to be tighter than this year and 2015 is supposed to be flat at well. Someone called the cap regressive not even flat as automatic costs for vet minimums etc continue to grow. He won't exactly be able to command top dollar and there should be plenty of folks around to pick up.

this. next year we shouldn't have any problem picking solid OTs in FA. the market should be even better than this year and we will be in a much better cap situation to take advantage of it and players will be more likely to take cheap longer term deals just for job securities sake.

i am not worried at all. the panic going on in some of this thread has been quite funny. we'll get the OL fixed in FA with players who won't take a couple years to not look like they are on roller skates while we pick up decent prospects later in the draft to learn behind the short term vets ahead of them.

i just don't see the problem.

#74 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

There's been no addition, only subtraction, and not addition by subtraction either. a 7-9 team can't afford to lose what it had.

Who have we lost that's going to make such an impact? And there's been plenty of addition.

#75 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

Who have we lost that's going to make such an impact? And there's been plenty of addition.

wouldn't pay him any attention. he's a sky is falling and happy prophet of doom wannabe who used to be someone as a child actor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.