Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ARSEN

For those of us that wanted Cyprien

27 posts in this topic

And he has dreadlocks. The more players on this team with dreads the better!

He's a nice prospect but I can't say I'd be thrilled with him at 14. He likely won't be an elite coverage safety in the NFL. He's big and he isn't incredibly fast and those kind of guys typically don't morph into elite cover players. He can tackle well, sure, but I frankly don't care all that much about a safety's ability to provide run support when you compare it against his ability to cover the pass in today's game. The days of the box safety are quickly coming to and end and I don't know that I'd be ecstatic of spending the 14th pick on a guy whose likely to become known as a hard hitting run stopper rather than an Ed Reed.

Move down and I'd be okay with it, but if we're taking a Safety that high Id rather go Vaccarro who has shown to be a better cover man. You just don't build teams anymore on the merits of how well does each individual player support/stop the run and I'm just not sure Cyprien and his skillset show me an elite, ballhawking, turnover machine.

1st is too rich for my blood..with the competition he played in..like Sherrod Martin at Troy.

Vaccaro?

Kenny can't make tackles in the open field and his coverage skills are overhyped. The Longhorn coaching staff practically used Vaccaro as a fourth LB.

Ideally i want a trade down in the first, and we take a WR and Cyprien.

Vaccaro?

Kenny can't make tackles in the open field and his coverage skills are overhyped. The Longhorn coaching staff practically used Vaccaro as a fourth LB.

if he can't make open field tackles, why would they use him as their 4th LBr?

if he can't make open field tackles, why would they use him as their 4th LBr?

Look at the tape. Vaccaro was brought close to the line of scrimmage to make an impact. He was very effective from that level (missed several tackles for attempting a big hit regardless) but he struggled the further away he was from that point.

He's your typical 'In-The-Box' Strong Safety.

Sometimes the best prayers are the unanswered ones.

Hey I'm not complaining! Kuechly is a superstar and couldn't have worked out any better! All I was saying is Carolina wanted a top tier safety last year but couldn't get it, and might try to get Cyprien.

Cyprus Island? no, yes?

Do islands count for safetys?

rather get our safety in the 2nd or even better, the 4th

It's strange. He ran a 4.6 at his Pro Day (granted, he was overcoming a hamstring injury) but he flys over the field on tape.

I'd take a safety who can quickly dissect a play, has decent speed, and takes great angles any day of the week. Cyprien seems like he could be that guy...Vaccaro not so much. If we were to pick him, I would trust that Gettleman thinks he's the complete package.