#61 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

Is anyone else happy that we are signing players that you have at least heard of? I got so tired of asking myself "Who?" everytime we signed someone.

My guess is no one had ever heard of Victor Cruz before the Giants signed him. Let's just trust Gettleman to shore up this team. He did not earn as rep as a grinder for nothing....and that is just what we need. The Panthers did not have the cap space to go on a big spending spree. What did you expect????

#62 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

My guess is no one had ever heard of Victor Cruz before the Giants signed him. Let's just trust Gettleman to shore up this team. He did not earn as rep as a grinder for nothing....and that is just what we need. The Panthers did not have the cap space to go on a big spending spree. What did you expect????

Gettleman has signed about 6 names I know and we started over the cap, Hurney never signed anyone even when we had money.

#63 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,557 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

Isn't it great to actually sign someone who had a breakout year the previous year instead of always saying "who the fug is this scrub" for just about every signing under Hurney?

#64 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,292 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

solid signing, really liking the way our offseason is shaping up. the draft is, and always will be, the most critical stage though

#65 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,905 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

Is anyone else happy that we are signing players that you have at least heard of? I got so tired of asking myself "Who?" everytime we signed someone.

The fact that you don't follow the sport as closely as ohers does not say anything the usefulness of our signings.

#66 Jakob

Jakob

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

The fact that you don't follow the sport as closely as ohers does not say anything the usefulness of our signings.

My life Revolves around Football and I spend my day on a football forum = not following the sport very close.

We all know who Chase Blackburn is, but who the fug knew such names as legedu naanee.

#67 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,765 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

God don't you hate those overachievers

No, I wasn't saying he is useless. He's a solid role player.

My point was, if they're bringing him in to play a significant role, or possibly start at some point, that overachieving can quickly turn the other way. Remember Lester Towns? How awesome was he here? What happened when he left?

As a depth signing, awesome. He's a hustle guy who has shown the tendency to make big plays... That's great if that is the capacity we'll be using him in.

#68 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,765 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

And, in general, I'm VERY happy with what Gettleman has done in terms of FAs considering the position we were in. I still wish Gross would've restructured early so we could've signed at least one top-tier FA early on for a reasonable price (CB, DT, WR).

#69 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,905 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

My life Revolves around Football and I spend my day on a football forum = not following the sport very close.

We all know who Chase Blackburn is, but who the fug knew such names as legedu naanee.

People who watch and follow the NFL did. They always mentioned him on Sportcenter for the simple fact of his name.

#70 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,299 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

People who watch and follow the NFL did. They always mentioned him on Sportcenter for the simple fact of his name.

I remember Blackburn from when the Panthers played the Giants in the playoffs in '05. Their starting linebackers were so decimated by injury that they were forced to start Blackburn who was like their 6th string LB or something crazy like that. Turns out he was quite a find for them and now he plays for the Panthers.

#71 Jakob

Jakob

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

He is just a simple example, I didn't mean it in the sense I didn't know their name but they were no names.

as in nobody good..

#72 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,491 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

Like Kenny Onatolu?

#73 Panthers69473

Panthers69473

THE HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

Don't know how anyone couldn't like this signing sure he isn't very fast but he makes plays and for a back up that is a great signing after he just came off a career year. Feels nice to actually have a gm that can negotiate.

#74 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

Its all about DEPTH

#75 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless Riverboat Ron

• HUDDLER
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

Anyone else starting to get the feeling that Gettleman should have been promoted to the GM position somewhere years ago, and the cards finally fell right for us? Not saying I'm sure of it....just a feeling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.