Photo
- - - - -

Gross Restructured, Blackburn Signed, What's Next?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,908 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

FYI: It'd be a stretch to suggest it has anything to do with us, but word from PFT that Alan Branch just fired his old agent and signed with a new one.

#32 ZackAttack23

ZackAttack23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

You say that, but you don't really mean it

Tell me you were lying about Alaska.

#33 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

Tell me you were lying about Alaska.

I'm not at liberty to say.
There are... ramifications to be had.

#34 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

Offensive line, offensive line, offensive line. With Gross almost certainly gone after next year, they need to start thinking replacement. Steve Smith also needs a successor...man I hate to think that he won't be taking the field on Sundays for the Panthers one day very soon...

#35 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,543 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

I really think Gettleman and Rivera have the same mindset. There both football guys. Blackburn is definetly a Rivera type of guy. From everything I have read/heard, these guys are on the same page.

I gotta believe you are right. But this is a lot of guys ccoming aboard in a short period of time. I am just a tad antsy, worrying over the relationship between Rivera and Gettlemen. Gettlemen could f up Rivera's life if he was so inclined. Doesn't look that way so far, so the worry is lessening to a certain extent.

I am curious on whether they have a talent board, or a value chart, they both agree on. So if a guy is higher on your list, than what you have, you give it a whirl. Rivera knows what type players he wants. If Gettlemen is this busy, I have to believe he is doing so with Rivera's blessing.

All we have done really is bring in competition and depth. Both help solidify your team. But are not addressing the holes so many of us see. I know, no money. But thanks to Gross, we have money.

You would think that after 20+ years of marriage I would be used to being confused. But I just cannot shake this feeling I have concerning the relationship between Rivera and Gettlemen.

#36 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,491 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

Hah, was reading the NFL.com article about the Blackburn signing, reading the comments. This was toward the top of the comments, check this nugget from a turd ghost of (thankfully) Huddle past:

Posted ImageSturgis Jonboy · Follow · Top Commenter · Dog at Sheep Herder
lol chase blackburn went from a 1st class org to the hillbilly outhouse. Poor chase...what the panthers really need to do is cut washed up jon beason. panthers are a joke - gritsrgreat.

#37 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,435 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

I gotta believe you are right. But this is a lot of guys ccoming aboard in a short period of time. I am just a tad antsy, worrying over the relationship between Rivera and Gettlemen. Gettlemen could f up Rivera's life if he was so inclined. Doesn't look that way so far, so the worry is lessening to a certain extent.

I am curious on whether they have a talent board, or a value chart, they both agree on. So if a guy is higher on your list, than what you have, you give it a whirl. Rivera knows what type players he wants. If Gettlemen is this busy, I have to believe he is doing so with Rivera's blessing.

All we have done really is bring in competition and depth. Both help solidify your team. But are not addressing the holes so many of us see. I know, no money. But thanks to Gross, we have money.

You would think that after 20+ years of marriage I would be used to being confused. But I just cannot shake this feeling I have concerning the relationship between Rivera and Gettlemen.

From what I've gathered from Gettleman, he wants everybody to be on the same page. I remember a quote of him saying something along the lines of everybody's opinion matters, from top to bottom. It's a collective thought-process. This is something that Rivera and Hurney evidently did not have. I was very worried earlier on like you. But the latest signings and cuts have been tremendously beneficial to both the present and the future.

Panthers fans should be excited. We have a GM who is a football guy, like our head coach. They are both extremely good at building teams. Whether it be defensively (Rivera) or as a whole (Gettleman). Both have an eye for talent and both know what winning takes.

I've been more optimistic than most about next year; the Shula promotion, retaining Rivera, and the Gettleman signings, cuts and restructures. Because i believe Gettleman and Rivera know how to build a team from top to bottom.

#38 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

Give me Matt Slauson or Brandon Moore for the OL and Alan Branch at NT, maybe a wildcard signing at TE and let's get ready for the draft.

#39 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

Hah, was reading the NFL.com article about the Blackburn signing, reading the comments. This was toward the top of the comments, check this nugget from a turd ghost of (thankfully) Huddle past:

always has been, always will be a joke. so glad that racist pedophile turd is gone.

#40 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

here's an intersting spin on things. blackburn is good enough to be a starter on many teams. you think this gives us leverage in talks to renegotiate with beason?

i think his is the contract that needs to be redone next. in fact they may be working on it now.

#41 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,637 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

I think we'll sign a OG for sure. I think we address DT in the draft unless we can get a good one for vet min.

#42 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,878 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

always has been, always will be a joke. so glad that racist pedophile turd is gone.

god that guy is a waste of space

#43 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

I think we'll sign a OG for sure. I think we address DT in the draft unless we can get a good one for vet min.

i don't see why we wouldn't be able to do that.

#44 MtnJax

MtnJax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

Gettlemania Juice.

Gettlejuice...just as good as Cammy Cam Juice

#45 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER