#46 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,990 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:53 PM

Bidens remark was off color but it is a stereotype (bad) while the other used racial slurs. Neither are good but if you can't tell which is worse there's no helping you.

it shows an obtuse insular behavior that is only reinforced behind closed doors.

it's not a matter of worse. Biden has been in public office how long? he has gotten this far with no bedside manner?

sorry man. dumb is dumb.

#47 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,933 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:48 AM

it's not a matter of worse.

of course it's not, when your side is worse.

#48 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,968 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

no I'm serious, his literal comment was you can't go into a dunkin donuts or 7-11 without an indian accent. It has nothing to do with "the definition of is is", it has to do with his literal words and how I have no f'ing clue if he meant own or go into, I figure he meant own them but goddamn, even so that isn't nearly as offensive as racial slurs.

you know you can think biden was offensive and still think the dude mentioned in the OP was racist, right?

come on dude...you know exactly what he meant.

He said 7-11 for a reason....and it is a long standing (racially motivated joke) about middle easterners owning and operating 7-11's. Hell, even The Simpsons has their resident 7-11 Indian employee.

#49 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,348 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

Thats the QuikEMart, you can't even state simple truth in cartoons.

And you actually illustrated mavs point - the "stereotype" is humorous, good natured and inoffensive, and something that everyone, of Indian origin or not, relates to.

To make it similar Biden would have had to say something like "Everytime I walk into a 7-11, why is it a foul smelling swarthy brown skinned foreigner always seems to be running it?"

#50 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,374 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

Thats the QuikEMart, you can't even state simple truth in cartoons.

And you actually illustrated mavs point - the "stereotype" is humorous, good natured and inoffensive, and something that everyone, of Indian origin or not, relates to.

To make it similar Biden would have had to say something like "Everytime I walk into a 7-11, why is it a foul smelling swarthy brown skinned foreigner always seems to be running it?"

It was a stupid comment, much like white folks can't dance, black folks love watermelon, and mexicans piling into cars.

They are stereotypes that we have all heard, and I for one do not repeat or push forward. He may have meant it to be funny but it wasn't.

The D on some of your foreheads is causing you to lose your minds here guys.

#51 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

come on dude...you know exactly what he meant.

He said 7-11 for a reason....and it is a long standing (racially motivated joke) about middle easterners owning and operating 7-11's. Hell, even The Simpsons has their resident 7-11 Indian employee.

Abu = Calling hispanics wetbacks

Noted.

#52 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,990 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

of course it's not, when your side is worse.

one day, when you awake and the sun breaks thru the window and hits you in the face and you shuffle towards the kitchen, hypnotized by the smell of excellent coffee.
after a few sips while gazing out your kitchen window you will see a variety of birds dancing about in your back yard and suddenly it will hit you.

pstall doesn't pull for one side or the other. you shrug your shoulders, a slight grin appears and then you go back to finishing that delicious coffee and suddenly in the background you hear Vince Guaraldi playing on the radio. it sounds odd because usually his music is reserved for more specific things on tv and to hear it now surprises you. then you go about your day.

#53 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,348 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

It was a stupid comment, much like white folks can't dance, black folks love watermelon, and mexicans piling into cars.

They are stereotypes that we have all heard, and I for one do not repeat or push forward. He may have meant it to be funny but it wasn't.

The D on some of your foreheads is causing you to lose your minds here guys.

I've already said it was ill stated, along with 80 percent of whatever Joe says. It does not make him racist or put him in a comparison with a privileged white guy who calls the migrant workers his daddy used to make money from wetbacks.

#54 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

Does Biden even say things that arent offensive? I dont even understand why this is a debate, Biden is allowed to make stupid comments and people are allowed to judge him for it. Same as the other guy.

#55 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,348 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

OK I'm joust going to say this one more time.

Referencing a stereotype that even the ethnic group in question finds relatively true and humorous is completely different that calling an ethnic group a derogatory offensive name.

I'm sure Biden has said something offensive to someone before, but this is not it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com