81 replies to this topic

#61 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

If we draft a WR early I can see our offense being exceptional. With an offense that can put up a ton of points I could see some of the flaws on D being masked as Hardy and CJ pin their ears back.

#62 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

For some reason, as i have had time to sit back and look at all the moves that had been made this offseason, I am more excited than ever. I know that we were all excited last year, but this year is different because of the new climate around the organization with the GM change and the controversy of bringing back rivera, also chud leaving.

Last year is going to be the year we look back on in 5-10 years as one of the most important years we have ever had. All the mistakes that had us in hulk-rage mode were necessary evils. We needed to play soft zone many times over only to get the same result of an embarassing loss. Cam needed to throw that ball in the ground in the Seattle game. Lafell needed to drop that pass against kansas city. Our offense started to correct itself through making mistakes but now its brought to a team level and now is the real time to put our best foot foward. Rivera now knows just how important every little decision is through the duration of the game, and that as a head coach he should be prepared for every situation.

Gettleman had us all flustered but as we let things pan out, he has at least appeared to be a crucial peice of the puzzle we were missing. We started out in one of the most undesirable situations as far as the cap is concerned, and when he came in and declared that he wanted to position us in the draft to be able to pick the BPA, we thought he was crazy. With the secondary acquisitions and retaining captain, the wild card in Ted Ginn, the resiging of Dwan to adress interior dline needs, and restructuring gross, Gettleman has truly made good on his promise to put us in a good position in the draft.

2013-14 will be a very good year for the Panthers, and to think we still have the draft to improve our squad is an awesome thought.

TL;DR: chyea.

Waka Flocka flame says tl/dr

#63 Miiikey

Miiikey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationSun Diego

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

I totally agree with Gucci but at the same time, this is going to be one of the most difficult schedules we've had. If it wasn't so bad, I'd be first one on to that wagon.

#64 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

I totally agree with Gucci but at the same time, this is going to be one of the most difficult schedules we've had. If it wasn't so bad, I'd be first one on to that wagon.

I see you're point but i think we played good teams well enough last year and that was when we were still going through our growing pains. Plus how many times to SOS end up where they started out? Injuries and other things happen that make a team underperform. If we stay healthy and we truly did learn from our mistakes, i think we can beat anybody.

#65 Miiikey

Miiikey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationSun Diego

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

I see you're point but i think we played good teams well enough last year and that was when we were still going through our growing pains. Plus how many times to SOS end up where they started out? Injuries and other things happen that make a team underperform. If we stay healthy and we truly did learn from our mistakes, i think we can beat anybody.

We need more fans like you. Too many negative nancys. If you have no hope, then are you really a fan? If we stay fit theres every right to expect a playoff spot. We'll be the underrated team of the year, watch.

#66 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

I agree, nevertheless I think we are going to be dominate every year.

lol same here

#67 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

• HUDDLER
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

The fug is rofl waffling

something hairy lesbians do

#68 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

• HUDDLER
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

leave the draft with a DT, WR, CB, Safety, and TE and that should be fine

#69 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

I'm an optimist every season....

I am feeling 12-4 if our pass rush can keep our secondary from getting lit up like a fourth of July celebration.

#70 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

You know, explaining that you started the year pessimistic and continued through out the year ENJOYING the teams struggles isn't a much better explanation.

Kind of weird calling yourself a "fan" in that case isn't it?

Reread what I said and tell me where I said I enjoyed the team failure. I didn't enjoy the team's failure at all, but it didn't surprise or upset me. I enjoyed everyone else getting hit with reality. Half the people supporting Rivera are going to turn on him when he loses his first game this year. To me that is fuging hilarious.

#71 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,152 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

I say 10-6. Well go 4-2in the division sweeping saints and splitting with the bucs and falcons. We'll lose to the giants 9ers pats and Seahawks but cam well throw for 4500 yards plus. Throw 25+ Tds. run in 7. And only throw 9 ints. Our defense will play much better and even those games we drop will be close we get the second wildcard and get bounced unless we play greenbay or the falcons. Cam is even more hungry for success after watching these rookies he's better then have good years with post season play. It's his turn to reshine.

#72 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

I don't know what to believe will happen, but I really do believe that we have the talent to win, and to win a lot. People around here are whining about the lack of a second WR, but we have a great receiving TE in Olsen, we have Smith, and we have three really solid running backs. If Shula doesn't try and get cute, and plays to the strengths of his offense, we should be a threat to score every time we have the ball.

On defense, we've got what could be the best 4-3 linebacker unit in the league. I think just about anyone would be happy with Johnson and Hardy on the edges, and with Edwards returning (assuming he plays at the same level as last year, he's getting old), all we need is a fat guy to play nose, and there's almost always someone like that on the FA scrap heap if we can't find someone on the roster to do it.

That leaves the secondary, where we seem to have a lot of JAGs. But that group looked pretty good last year, after Gamble went out. Aside from some boneheaded play calling early, the defense was pretty good, and got better as the year wore on.

Is there reason for optimism? Absolutely! Any time you have a talent like Newton on the roster, you have that.

It's all in the first four games. If we play even or better, the team will continue to play hard and will contend for the division championship. If we go 1-3 or 0-4, then it's going to be pretty bad because Rivera's job will take on the stench of death and the team will collapse.

#73 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,544 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

I hope we are still relevant in December. Not asking too much, I think.........................

#74 Panthers69473

Panthers69473

THE HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

something hairy lesbians do

Sounds amazing

#75 Carolina Crazy V2

Carolina Crazy V2

!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

This is directed to all the idiots who think they can read the future.

Did you guys know Seattle would be so good? Did you see Washington's late season run coming? Did you pick Baltimore to win the Super Bowl before the playoffs?

No, you didn't. So stop acting like you know what you're talking about and putting down any sense of positivism that manifests itself on this forum.

You're exactly the reason posters like myself stopped frequenting this site. Just because you post 30 times per day doesn't mean you know jack sh!t about the way the NFL works—because the truth is, most of you don't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.