Photo
- - - - -

Mock Draft (22 Days to go...)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#25 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:10 PM

If Star or Lane are sitting there, I'd go for them without a doubt but beyond that, Cyprien is my favorite for us at the moment running slightly ahead of the top WRs. I think Austin is gone and I don't really want Patterson. Deciding between the likes of Nuke, Hunter, and Allen is pretty tough and imo if Cyprien was out of a top school would be a given top-20 pick.

agree completely. TBH I don't know if I would even take Austin if he is there at 14.

#26 saX man

saX man

halt the tomfoolery

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

I guess we will have to wait and see who was right.

1st - WR (Allen, Patterson, Austin, assuming no trade back)
2nd - DT (J.Williams, S. Williams, Short, Jenkins with CB a darkhorse possibility Taylor, Slay)

I'm just trying to say there are countless possibilities. You're issuing a definitive statement on specific players we will draft.

#27 Dash Global

Dash Global

HUDDLER

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:30 PM

I'm just trying to say there are countless possibilities. You're issuing a definitive statement on specific players we will draft.

Not when you look at who is gonna be available and our needs. There is a very small pool of possible players to choose from at 14.

Which is why I can almost guarantee one of these 2 being drafted at 14 (considering star, johnson, millner, austin, and patterson are gone)

Allen
Richardson

I could be wrong but, but id bet the farm on things playing out like this.

#28 arc

arc

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

I like this draft a lot. Commings, Cyprien, Patton...very cool

#29 arc

arc

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

dp damn comcast

#30 saX man

saX man

halt the tomfoolery

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

Not when you look at who is gonna be available and our needs. There is a very small pool of possible players to choose from at 14.

Which is why I can almost guarantee one of these 2 being drafted at 14 (considering star, johnson, millner, austin, and patterson are gone)

Allen
Richardson

I could be wrong but, but id bet the farm on things playing out like this.

What I'm saying is that you can't look at who's going to be available because there are 13 picks before us and it's the NFL draft.

For me, I've got Lane Johnson, Star, Cyprien, and Cooper/Warmack in heavy consideration with Austin/Patterson/Allen/Hopkins/Hunter as possibilities.

Plus, you've got people saying Richardson, Vaccaro, Rhodes, Trufant, even Jarvis Jones in some cases on the board. That's not a small crop and its even more of a crapshoot than last year.

funnel effect sir

#31 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:42 PM

i like it. don't know a whole lot about that guard, but thats ok.

agreed that DT needs to be addressed in FA, tho, if we don't in the draft and we'll be fine if that's the route we take. we still have a long way to go in FA and a few more waves. we pick up a decent run stuffing NT and we're really good on that front seven.

#32 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

I honestly can't even decide who I want at 14. Most of the guys we are talking about feel like a reach that early. The guys I really want will already be gone.
The only guy I can see falling that I consider elite is Warmack. I'd be okay with that, it's just not as fun to daydream about picking a guard in the to half of the first round.

#33 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

I think Matt Elam is at better safety than Cyprien, but wouldn't mind it at all. Both huge as fug

#34 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

I am really starting to think that we're going Safety at 14 and DT at 44. Rivera knows Safety is a problem.

#35 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

I honestly can't even decide who I want at 14. Most of the guys we are talking about feel like a reach that early. The guys I really want will already be gone.
The only guy I can see falling that I consider elite is Warmack. I'd be okay with that, it's just not as fun to daydream about picking a guard in the to half of the first round.

Why are you still under the impression that there are still such things as reaches?

It doesn't exist anymore. If there is a talented player at a position of need that won't be there next round, you pull the trigger.

Sitting around hoping and dreaming that a blue chip prospect will fall is only going to cause you to miss the guys who will actually be blue chip players.

#36 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

Why are you still under the impression that there are still such things as reaches?

It doesn't exist anymore. If there is a talented player at a position of need that won't be there next round, you pull the trigger.

Sitting around hoping and dreaming that a blue chip prospect will fall is only going to cause you to miss the guys who will actually be blue chip players.

sometimes you got to swing for the fences.