#121 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,914 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

Again, Mr. Scot, the question isn't whether he ripped white QBs just as badly as bad QBs, or had good things to say about any black QBs. The question is why he continues to pass off these quotes from the NFL scouting community that are wildly misinformed. Just because a NFL scout may say something doesn't make it remotely true, as their are ignorant people in that profession like any other.

This tells me that Nawrocki doesn't do any research, he's a hack, and he is not deserving of any defense.

Actually, for some here that has been the issue (granted, not for you). That's why Kurb asked for a specific example.

Reprinting a scout's comment without digging into it goes back to the methodology discussion from a prior post. Given that it's meant to be analysis, not hype, you can't just brush off negative statements. Though I'll grant if only one guy says it and a dozen other guys say the opposite, you'd have a strong case for dumping it (which I'd say is likely the case here).

This is one of those cases where I'd really like to know the source, but I have no expectation that info will come out...ever.

#122 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

• HUDDLER
  • 5,796 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:14 AM

This cock sucker Nawrocki is so full of poo

#123 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

Clausen's profile I found, though not in official version. Just reprinted on another message board so linking is kinda pointless. The profile pages on the PFW website are long gone. Cut and paste makes it easier on me though. Saves me from having to type out the whole thing. If anyone else has a linkable version, be my guest.

People forget that Clausen wasn't projected to drop to the second round. Most mocks had him going first round, some pretty high. There was a lot of shock when he fell, including this post draft blurb from PFW's Dan Parr.

But hey, they'd never rip a highly touted white prospect, right?

(or maybe it's just that nobody makes a national news story of it when they do)

So, even though I've already covered this and the point was completely missed, I'll go again.

The digs on Jimmy were well founded, and had ample evidence. He was labeled as arrogant by Nawrocki and just about every other human being with a pulse that watched more than 4 minutes of college football. And if you're surprised that a private school kid from Thousand Oaks who shows up to his signing day in a stretch limo to have a press conference and does this:

Posted Image

Well, then I can't much help ya. Not to mention he then had mommy and daddy buy him a house so he didn't have to worry about a landlord and they all had a place to stay when he played. Yeah.

As far as being allergic to the weight room? Doesn't take more than a half second seeing him without his pads for just about anyone's brain to register that to be likely true. Nothing in Jimmy's snippet is all that surprising, and judging by his slide to the middle of the second, NFL scouts legitimately felt this way as well.

Meanwhile with Cam, he goes off on his "fake smile", a hugely racially charged accusation. Ok, Nawrocki, what are you basing this on? If you're going to use inflammatory language, you better have something good to back you up. He, as everyone now knows, didn't.

Cam obviously had issues to point out: The one read offense, the laptop incident, the sketchy pro day, but no, Nawrocki decides to go off on things no one else had ever noticed before. With no evidence.

Now we have him bombing on Geno Smith. Again, not for the issues that we can point to clear evidence for, but for completely baseless reasons that go against the grain.

You have brought forth counter examples of Nawrocki calling out Jimmy on his arrogance (of which there was ample evidence), Rhett Bomar and Ryan Mallett on their character issues (of which there was mountains of evidence), and The Golden Calf of Bristol on his mechanics (regarding which God gave you two eyes).

So, I'll just keep score for us.

Examples of big time black QB's Nawrocki's brought baseless digs against: 2
Examples of big time white QB's Nawrocki's brought baseless digs against: 0

Anytime you decide you want to throw one up on the board, let me know.

#124 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,273 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

Talked with Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan on SiriuxXM NFL Radio, Pat seems to think Nolan is being run around by a team hoping to torpedo Geno's stock.

#125 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

Meanwhile with Cam, he goes off on his "fake smile", a hugely racially charged accusation. Ok, Nawrocki, what are you basing this on? If you're going to use inflammatory language, you better have something good to back you up. He, as everyone now knows, didn't.

How is saying someone has a fake smile a hugely racially charged accusation?

#126 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,363 posts

Yes, all these things

Or maybe he's actually doing an incredible job at what he's supposed to be doing? (Clicks, clicks, clicks...)

#127 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,363 posts

Talked with Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan on SiriuxXM NFL Radio, Pat seems to think Nolan is being run around by a team hoping to torpedo Geno's stock.

That's what I think too

#128 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,881 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

Can you really not see how that could be racially driven?

I don't see many people accusing Nawrocki of being a white hooded hangin, burnin and pillagin racist.

I do see the distinct possibility that nawrocki had a pretty sheltered childhood and doesn't understand cultural differences very well.

#129 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

I have no idea if he's ignorantly just channeling racist drivel passed onto him, he's racist himself, or some combination of both.

#130 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

Can you really not see how that could be racially driven?

I don't see many people accusing Nawrocki of being a white hooded hangin, burnin and pillagin racist.

I do see the distinct possibility that nawrocki had a pretty sheltered childhood and doesn't understand cultural differences very well.

No I really can't, please explain.

#131 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,601 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

how can you determine if somebody has a fake smile and what does that have to do with the ability of how he plays the game?

#132 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,914 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

So, even though I've already covered this and the point was completely missed, I'll go again.

Well, then I can't much help ya. Not to mention he then had mommy and daddy buy him a house so he didn't have to worry about a landlord and they all had a place to stay when he played. Yeah.

As far as being allergic to the weight room? Doesn't take more than a half second seeing him without his pads for just about anyone's brain to register that to be likely true. Nothing in Jimmy's snippet is all that surprising, and judging by his slide to the middle of the second, NFL scouts legitimately felt this way as well.

Cam obviously had issues to point out: The one read offense, the laptop incident, the sketchy pro day, but no, Nawrocki decides to go off on things no one else had ever noticed before. With no evidence.

Now we have him bombing on Geno Smith. Again, not for the issues that we can point to clear evidence for, but for completely baseless reasons that go against the grain.

You have brought forth counter examples of Nawrocki calling out Jimmy on his arrogance (of which there was ample evidence), Rhett Bomar and Ryan Mallett on their character issues (of which there was mountains of evidence), and The Golden Calf of Bristol on his mechanics (regarding which God gave you two eyes).

So, I'll just keep score for us.

Examples of big time black QB's Nawrocki's brought baseless digs against: 2
Examples of big time white QB's Nawrocki's brought baseless digs against: 0

Anytime you decide you want to throw one up on the board, let me know.

Actually, I did answer your question. You can spin and dismiss it because it goes against your preconceptions, but that doesn't make it any less valid.

And "fake smile" is racial? Really? Wow. That may be the single stupidest statement made in this thread. And that's an accomplishment in a thread where Blue Boy posted (not that you'd know that anymore)

I have no idea if he's ignorantly just channeling racist drivel passed onto him, he's racist himself, or some combination of both.

In other words "he's racist just because I know he is" :lol:

But hey, why should I be surprised. You've implied that I'm racist too (again, a common tactic employed by someone who's losing on the factual end of things).

Pitiful. Although you and I disagree on a lot of issues, I expected better from you than to stoop to that kind of tactic. Disappointing, really.

I'm sure you'll respond with some form of "well, you are" or "you talk like one" or some such stupidity. Fine, then find examples of racist things I've said and quote them. Obviously, you should be able to do that, since you wouldn't just suggest it without something to back it up, right?

#133 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

how can you determine if somebody has a fake smile and what does that have to do with the ability of how he plays the game?

Nothing at all. I'm not defending the comment, I'm just curious what it has to do with one's race

#134 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,914 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

Nothing at all. I'm not defending the comment, I'm just curious what it has to do with one's race

How are you posting on here now? Aren't you my alt? :unsure:

#135 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

How are you posting on here now? Aren't you my alt? :unsure:

You're on the laptop. I got the ipad :cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users