#91 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,283 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:53 PM

I love how you ignore Romo, Cutler, and Dalton because they don't prove your point. Lets just pick the stats that work in our favor......

Add in Romo and Cutler then. They're still top 15 QBs. Dalton is the only so so QB outta that group.
I mentioned the other QBs bc they're in high pass first offenses. You can't ignore that.

I much rather have a GOOD receiver than a tall receiver. I'll take a Smitty in his prime over a James Jones, Colston, Green, Decker, etc. in their prime any day of the week. And I'm not kidding. No GM is stupid enough to pass up on Tavon for his size.

#92 Zithers

Zithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:28 AM

i don't have one really

i'd be fine with patterson, richardson, warmack, vaccaro, johnson... do not want tavon austin at 14. star would be my top prospect though it is very unlikely he drops.

would be cool with trading down and grabbing someone like deandre hopkins or matt elam (or both!).

#93 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,330 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:57 AM

Not one bit. My dream would be Austin at 14 and Bailey at 44. Wouldnt have to worry about receivers for the next 4 years.

I forgot to congratulate you. This post did a lot to help prove that you're not thinking like a WVU homer :unsure:

#94 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,330 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:02 AM

i don't really have any bandwagons I'm on this year. i want a WR in the first couple rounds and i don't want an OG in the first (i don't want to be starting another rookie on the OL at all).

as far as specific players, there's no one player i have in mind. I'm also not ruling out any, either. i think it will be either DT, WR, or S in the first and one of the remaining two in the second and I've got a suspicion that keenan allen will be a panther, but I'm really cool with the idea of a lot of picks.

Same here. That's why I'm asking other people about theirs :lol:

Will say this, though. Feels nice to be able to think that the guy running the draft is someone who knows what he's doing, don't ya think?

Somebody sell me on Allen. I haven't researched him that much.

#95 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:29 AM

Will say this, though. Feels nice to be able to think that the guy running the draft is someone who knows what he's doing, don't ya think?

He's 6'2 so he's tall, he's got decent speed (4.4 or 4.5 would be my guess), and great ball skills -- just throw the ball somewhere in his vicinity and he'll catch it. He has all the physical skills to succeed; a genuine height, weight, speed guy.

When you're scouting for a WR, it's incredibly importance that they're productive. It's quite hard to get top receivers who haven't had 1k yard receiving years in college. Really, just go through the list of all your favourite receivers and check their college stats. Allen has been UBER productive. He had 1300 yards receiving in 2011 and was on par to be Cal's no.1 all time receiver in 2012 until he got hurt. Still, with only 9 games under his belt, he gathered 700 yards and 6 TDs.

We haven't even talked about this guy's intangible's yet. This isn't a Randy Moss, Desean Jackson type diva we're talking about here. He's not gonna get himself into any serious trouble. This is a self motivated gym-rat who has the work ethic worthy of a 1st round pick.

Really, the only thing that's keeping him back is that partial tear on his knee.

#96 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,330 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:31 AM

Good sell.

I'll have to look up some video.

#97 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

Add in Romo and Cutler then. They're still top 15 QBs. Dalton is the only so so QB outta that group.
I mentioned the other QBs bc they're in high pass first offenses. You can't ignore that.

I much rather have a GOOD receiver than a tall receiver. I'll take a Smitty in his prime over a James Jones, Colston, Green, Decker, etc. in their prime any day of the week. And I'm not kidding. No GM is stupid enough to pass up on Tavon for his size.

I am not saying a short receiver does not have his roll on a football field. I am saying that the roll of the 5’9’’ receiver and the roll of the 6’4’’ receiver is different. It is more than just their route running etc. A tall receiver is a red zone threat in ways that a 5’9” receiver cannot be. If you are ignorant of this fact I can not help you.

I am also arguing that Carolina has 6 short SHORT receivers. 6 Players that have a similar build and roll in the offense. 6 players that can double as kick returner type players. We do not need a 7th WR of the same body type.

#98 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

No OL, QB, LB or RB is my big thing.

My fave is Star, but outside of him I don't have a bandwagon. I'm not real impressed with Vaccaro.

#99 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,644 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

not sure why, but I've got this reggie wayne vibe coming from allen. nothing flashy, just an incredible producer. can do it all as a receiver and do it really well.

#100 Memphis

Memphis

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

My dream scenario if we are not able to trade down is:

#14 Star Lotulelei

We need a interior presence alongside Dwan Edwards to command double teams, allowing CJ, Hardy and Alexander to get advantageous match ups on the edge. Also it would keep the opposing offensive line men to get past the perimeter and completely neutralize our excellent linebackers from getting to the ball carrier. Star in my book is that guy and I would love to have him.

#44 Robert Woods

I really like Woods route running and hands. He is a smooth player that reminds me of Reggie Wayne and I think he could take over as our #1 guy. Another option as for this pick could be Kyle Long or Terron Armstead to sure up our tackle situation or David Amerson for our needy CB situation. A last option could be D.J Swearinger which would allow us to move Godfrey to FS, perhaps a better position for him.

#101 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,283 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

I am not saying a short receiver does not have his roll on a football field. I am saying that the roll of the 5’9’’ receiver and the roll of the 6’4’’ receiver is different. It is more than just their route running etc. A tall receiver is a red zone threat in ways that a 5’9” receiver cannot be. If you are ignorant of this fact I can not help you.

I am also arguing that Carolina has 6 short SHORT receivers. 6 Players that have a similar build and roll in the offense. 6 players that can double as kick returner type players. We do not need a 7th WR of the same body type.

Look at one of the best team last season in Seattle. They were one, if not the smallest group of receivers in the league. Now, they're going to be even better and smaller with the addition of Percy Harvin. Size doesnt matter.

#102 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

Look at one of the best team last season in Seattle. They were one, if not the smallest group of receivers in the league. Now, they're going to be even better and smaller with the addition of Percy Harvin. Size doesnt matter.

Ok let's look at seattle's WRs:
Phil Bates 6'1"
Jermaine Kearse 6'1"
Charly Martin 6'1"
Sidney Rice 6'4"
Bryan Walters 6'0"
Steven Williams 6'4"

They do have 4 receivers under 6'.... So 4 out of 10 receivers...... Which is strange in today's NFL to your credit. But, did I mention we have 6! 6 out of 9 receivers under 6' and you want to add another!

And please tell me again how size doesn't matter to Pete Carroll

#103 JeremyNH

JeremyNH

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

Mine is still Keenan Allen in the first with a poor-mans-tavon-austin, Ryan Swope, in the 4th. Good hands and will be mentored by one of the best small sized, big impact receivers in the league, smitty.

#104 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

He's 6'2 so he's tall, he's got decent speed (4.4 or 4.5 would be my guess), and great ball skills -- just throw the ball somewhere in his vicinity and he'll catch it. He has all the physical skills to succeed; a genuine height, weight, speed guy.

When you're scouting for a WR, it's incredibly importance that they're productive. It's quite hard to get top receivers who haven't had 1k yard receiving years in college. Really, just go through the list of all your favourite receivers and check their college stats. Allen has been UBER productive. He had 1300 yards receiving in 2011 and was on par to be Cal's no.1 all time receiver in 2012 until he got hurt. Still, with only 9 games under his belt, he gathered 700 yards and 6 TDs.

We haven't even talked about this guy's intangible's yet. This isn't a Randy Moss, Desean Jackson type diva we're talking about here. He's not gonna get himself into any serious trouble. This is a self motivated gym-rat who has the work ethic worthy of a 1st round pick.

Really, the only thing that's keeping him back is that partial tear on his knee.

and he's from the boro!

Wouldnt mind one bit if we got him... but now with hixon on the team who knows.

#105 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 2,763 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

#14 star, if he's there. or allen.

#44 hunter or elam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com