23 replies to this topic

#16 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,428 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

Most guys we got did no receive any interest on the market. Ginn was offered 1 year contract with the Bengals but he choose panthers instead.

#17 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,204 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

Most guys we got did no receive any interest on the market. Ginn was offered 1 year contract with the Bengals but he choose panthers instead.

Exactly. Gettleman got them for the prices they were worth. He didn't bargain them. People act like he's the king of negotiator. He didn't go and sign a DRC for 1yr. We'll see how good he really is when Cam's contract come.

#18 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

How do you know? Who told you?
Maybe Gettleman wanted to stick with his philosophy of drafting DT(s) in the draft bc it had worked well for NYG.

The fact that Gettleman never even brought him in for a look tells you he was not considered in the first place.

#19 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,204 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

The fact that Gettleman never even brought him in for a look tells you he was not considered in the first place.

I'm sure he didn't bring Branch in not bc he wasnt "impressed" by him. But that he plans to take a DT in the draft.

I'm guessing Gettleman is more impress with Florence, DJ, Mitchell, and Ginn over guys like Nnamdi, Cason, Adrian Wilson and Jennings?

#20 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,769 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

if there's anything we can be sure of it's that gettleman knows how to properly assign value to free agents. if we had the cap space and still didn't even bring him in for a look there must be a logical reason for it (as opposed to the hurney regime where hubris might play a legitimate role.)

#21 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,513 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

All the guys that Gettleman signed weren't going to get any bigger contract elsewhere. Do you believe that with me? Ok

Ginn could have gone anywhere else. I think Cincinnati was offering him a 1 year deal. He opted to go with us. That was a bargain deal. Getting his st skills for a year at that price, you don't consider that a bargain?

#22 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,889 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

Wasn't really expecting him. No indication we ever reached out.

#23 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,204 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

Ginn could have gone anywhere else. I think Cincinnati was offering him a 1 year deal. He opted to go with us. That was a bargain deal. Getting his st skills for a year at that price, you don't consider that a bargain?

Cincy could've got him and their fans would've call it a bargain. What I'm saying is, what we got him for was his market price. He wasnt going to get anything better in Cincy or anywhere else. He chose us bc hes going to have more oppurtunity here than in Cincy to play on offense and ST. If I'm not mistaking, Cincy may still have Tate returning kicks/punts. It's not a bargain imo, if that's his market price.

#24 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,889 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:42 AM

if there's anything we can be sure of it's that gettleman knows how to properly assign value to free agents. if we had the cap space and still didn't even bring him in for a look there must be a logical reason for it (as opposed to the hurney regime where hubris might play a legitimate role.)

That was essentially his whole job for the past 13 years.

Hurney really seemed to have a penchant for overvaluing his own draft picks when contract time came around,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.