Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Filmmaker Huddle

38 posts in this topic

Posted

that's what i really want to get in to. if i can squeeze it in between all the masters programs i want to start taking some basic classes and invest in some equipment and try to incorporate it into my traveling

Yeah and it just hit me how popular that damn Chimpanzee movie was. Nature/wildlife I'm sure is different than filming sites and people, but there's definitely a HUGE audience for both of those things.

Posted

sz. i have a cousin in miami that went to film school at South Carolina. does archives and hosts various film festivals events in miami. has really gotten a niche going down there.

filmwise he and i have always talked about renting filming equipment for movies shot up this way as usually you have to get that from Atl. of course that was our idea 10 yrs back so it's probably resolved.

let me know if you want/need ideas or ways to break in and make a better headway towards what you want. you may not even really know specifically what you want but if you can start hanging around those more like minded, some things may rub off on ya that you didn't know you would want to pursue.

never hesitate to pm me man.

Posted

Yeah and it just hit me how popular that damn Chimpanzee movie was. Nature/wildlife I'm sure is different than filming sites and people, but there's definitely a HUGE audience for both of those things.

this film, among a number of others, was shown at the BANNF mountain film festival (it won a bunch of honors) and is part of what has that fire fueled under my ass at the moment

Posted

I remember you posting the paradise one

You have a poo ton of videos

Yeah, I had a graduating class of ~30 and started at UNCW when I was 16. I was a strange kid and making little videos for Youtube was my hobby. What can I say, still throw together videos as often as I can.

Posted

I went to UNC-Charlotte getting my Mass Media and Journalism degrees. I work more on the other side of the camera as a play by play broadcaster and reporter. I also write articles and do scouting so I have to do some work behind the camera. To work around it you have to know at least the basics on everything. My best friend graduated from Western Carolina with his film editing degree so we make a good team lol I run my own website and we work together on all of it with 2 other guys that do photography. I do all the articles and short highlight films and we all help with coding the website.

Got off topic a bit but if you have a Mac then you have I-Movie... start editing with that, very easy program (too easy when you know what you are doing, since it simplifies too much) after that look into Final Cut Pro

Posted

Posted

sz here is my cousin in Miami from a few years ago. this is his "day" job. archiving film. he is the guy in green

his love is doing local theater stuff and hosting film festivals.

if i had the funds, i would love to show a wide range of old films from 1960 to the mid 80's. do everything from old Westerns to Blacksplotation to old blockbusters to specific genere's.

1 person likes this

Posted

sz here is my cousin in Miami from a few years ago. this is his "day" job. archiving film. he is the guy in green

his love is doing local theater stuff and hosting film festivals.

if i had the funds, i would love to show a wide range of old films from 1960 to the mid 80's. do everything from old Westerns to Blacksplotation to old blockbusters to specific genere's.

">

Posted

old film festival? not that im aware of. i know one movie house in ballantyne showed some classics once in a blue moon.

my wife and i before kids saw A Touch of Evil at the Manor in Charlotte. To see an Orson Wells film on the big screen was awesome.

i would love to like an epic wkd. Show Ben Hur or Spartacus or Lawrence of Arabia and the next wkd show Dolemite or Blackula or Uptown Sat Night and the next show post apoc films. From Omega Man to A Boy and his dog.

Endless possibilities.

Posted

old film festival? not that im aware of. i know one movie house in ballantyne showed some classics once in a blue moon.

my wife and i before kids saw A Touch of Evil at the Manor in Charlotte. To see an Orson Wells film on the big screen was awesome.

i would love to like an epic wkd. Show Ben Hur or Spartacus or Lawrence of Arabia and the next wkd show Dolemite or Blackula or Uptown Sat Night and the next show post apoc films. From Omega Man to A Boy and his dog.

Endless possibilities.

just a film archive I mean

Posted

ahh. well, i would hope for local tv stations they have done that already.

maybe start here- http://www.ncfilm.com/

btw. one day over a cold beverage i can tell you about the time my cousin had to wear a wire because from his archiving he discovered mafia footage and it implicated a tv station down there. no joke.

Posted

i have a goal of finally finishing my screen play by July and get it into the hands of a producer. after that, roll the dice, say a prayer and see what happens.