#1 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,329 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

http://www.wral.com/...asury/12300456/

WASHINGTON — The White House says President Barack Obama will return 5 percent of his salary to the Treasury in light of automatic spending cuts that have led to furloughs for thousands of federal workers.
A White House official says Obama decided to return part of his salary each month for the rest of the year to share in the sacrifice that government employees are making. The official wasn't authorized to discuss the decision publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.

LOL...yeah...wasn't authorized.

Sorry...in leiu of Obama's vacations (which I'm not bemoaning), the entire sequester meme is falling on deaf ears. Especially with the lavishness of Biden's trips and the upcoming parties.

http://www.weeklysta...ers_714466.html

Next week Justin Timberlake, Al Green, Queen Latifah, and many others will perform at the White House in a "Memphis Soul" concert, the White House announced today.
"As part of their 'In Performance at the White House' series, the President and First Lady will invite music legends and contemporary major artists to the White House for a celebration of Memphis Soul music. The program will include performances by Alabama Shakes, William Bell, Steve Cropper, Al Green, Ben Harper, Queen Latifah, Cyndi Lauper, Joshua Ledet, Sam Moore, Charlie Musselwhite, Mavis Staples and Justin Timberlake, with Booker T. Jones as music director and band leader.

#2 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

I've never complained about any POTUS vacations in the past. Bush took 1000+ days away from his DC residence compare to Obama's 200. It's always been understood that no matter where the President is at any moment, he can do his job because the WH travels with him.

That being said, I laugh at these millionaires who take a 5% pay cut from their government salary they don't even miss.

#3 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

I've never complained about any POTUS vacations in the past. Bush took 1000+ days away from his DC residence compare to Obama's 200. It's always been understood that no matter where the President is at any moment, he can do his job because the WH travels with him.

That being said, I laugh at these millionaires who take a 5% pay cut from their government salary they don't even miss.

I have and I will continue to do so.

Let them eat cake...

#4 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

But if congress would follow suit.....

#5 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

Don't worry I'm sure Obamey will make up those revenues in gun sales commisions.

#6 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

This is what I think is most sad about American politics. How a pol can be caught being scandalous of some nature and then someone says " yeah, but so-n-so did this". So then you get americans to argue back and forth about whose the bigger dirtbag. When in all reality they are all dirtbags, who should be held responsible for the things they do. I voted for bush cause I wanted every 3rd dollar of ss to be invested in a personal account for me. He lost that battle and I did not reward him with a 2nd vote. How many people went back and voted for more of Obamey's empty promises?

#7 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,515 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

Nobody can hold a candle to Ronnie for vacation time.

#8 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

Nobody can hold a candle to Ronnie for vacation time.

Look what she did, look what he did, look what Bush did, look what goddamn.....

#9 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,716 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

Let he who freely gives an extra 5% to the treasury cast the first stone.

#10 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,515 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

Look what she did, look what he did, look what Bush did, look what goddamn.....

When your job ages you 20 years in 8, you can put in for all the vacay your heart desires.

#11 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

When your job ages you 20 years in 8, you can put in for all the vacay your heart desires.

There you go....do the right thing....give them a blank check....that's a good little American.

#12 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,515 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

If they would just balance the budget like your checkbook...

#13 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,867 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:30 AM

Easy to do when you get side cash and a future executive position with Monsanto.

Obama gives back 5% of salary..repubs giggle n say thats it?!

Its like when a company who never gives a christmas bonus says" this year we will add $25 to your paycheck for the fist time for Christmas"

everyone laughs and complains its not more..when it was zero before that.

#14 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,563 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

This is what I think is most sad about American politics. How a pol can be caught being scandalous of some nature and then someone says " yeah, but so-n-so did this". So then you get americans to argue back and forth about whose the bigger dirtbag. When in all reality they are all dirtbags, who should be held responsible for the things they do. I voted for bush cause I wanted every 3rd dollar of ss to be invested in a personal account for me. He lost that battle and I did not reward him with a 2nd vote. How many people went back and voted for more of Obamey's empty promises?

I dislike Obama, but the nickname "Obamey", I find to be highly offensive. I can overlook the Obongos and whatnot from g5, but Obamey really just gets my goat.

#15 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

I dislike Obama, but the nickname "Obamey", I find to be highly offensive. I can overlook the Obongos and whatnot from g5, but Obamey really just gets my goat.

would you prefer Obeyme?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.