Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TruthVsComfort

New Jobs Report 'Should Be A Wake-Up Call,' Analyst Says

70 posts in this topic

Look at Euro and dollar exchange rates prior to 2008... US stock marked crashed, Euro sinked and European countries start going bankrupt. Italy, Spain, and France on a verge of being broke. If US market crashes again, Europe is done. Done! US dollar will start deflating because everyone will try to dump euro for us dollars, more stable currency. Why would people pick US dollar over lets says Chinese money? US dollars tied to oil, pretty much guarantees that dollar will some what keep its value. Plus if Europe goes bankrupt, this will crash asian markets as well. If US sneezes, the rest of the world catch a cold.

Here's a graph of US/EU historic exchange rates.

http://www.indexmundi.com/xrates/graph.aspx?c1=USD&c2=EUR&days=3650

i wonder how fast China drops US debt if we tangle with North Korea? hmm. that won't be good.

We are at the easiest spot in history to see exactly what is going to happen in the next two decades. Government is going to try and create fiat currency to cover its unfunded liabilities while continuing to make promises and get votes from dumbasses that believe their poo. We deserve what we get as a country. The sad part is that our kids will bear the brunt of our hubris coupled with utter stupidity. Personal accountability a testament to our strength of character? Yeah... good luck with that

and he lost many votes because he was black.

Moseying in to post this

i wonder how fast China drops US debt if we tangle with North Korea? hmm. that won't be good.

The monetary situation with China is what worried me in the N Korea thread also.

Not sure what our extreme debt to certain countries will do to our resolve to be there for our allies.

This is where both Reps and Dems want us. While they and those who put them in office rob us blind and our liberties are stripped.

Stopmtryingno blame, drop your bullshit party flag waving and start supporting some candidates worth a damn.

Been screaming this for a while.

I can't wait for a group, either side, that is prepared for some belt tightening.

Been screaming this for a while.

I can't wait for a group, either side, that is prepared for some belt tightening.

The problem is that they will be demonized and most people want to keep their free crap coming, so good luck. I agree that belt tightening is needed, but DC gets by on paying people for their votes. Don't think they will all just miraculously "grow up" and become statesmen and leaders. Nope, they will say stuff like "you want to starve Granny, kick kids out of college, and on an on and on. Morons will believe them and vote them back in. Pulling for you though.

The problem is that they will be demonized and most people want to keep their free crap coming, so good luck. I agree that belt tightening is needed, but DC gets by on paying people for their votes. Don't think they will all just miraculously "grow up" and become statesmen and leaders. Nope, they will say stuff like "you want to starve Granny, kick kids out of college, and on an on and on. Morons will believe them and vote them back in. Pulling for you though.

this is ironic

It is more complicated than people just buying votes so they won't cut spending. The bigger problem is the major economic impacts of reeling in federal spending.

That is the dirty little secret. No one from either party really wants to cut spending, Yes both parties rail against run away spending on the campaign trail, but once they are in Washington they can't justify it when it comes to how it would affect the economy.

That is why most of the cuts you will see to entitlements is future spending not current spending. Because even a small reduction to entitlements would result in 100,000s of jobs likely being lost

Don't think so

haha he absolutely did.

My mom's side of the family has been staunchly democratic their entire lives. Obama runs and they "can't vote for a n****r."

Not surprised by them though, they live in WV.

They're certainly not the only ones that have voted across their normal party lines because of Obama's skin color.