Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XClown1986

Barkevious Mingo to meet with Panthers

49 posts in this topic

I think he has talent but we aren't the right fit for him. This is the first interview that made me think smoke screen.

What is interesting is the Panthers also met with Bruce Irvin last year who is a fit as a "Leo" linebacker. Maybe this position is being more looked at as an answer to the passing league. See Von Miller, Aldon Smith, Bruce Irvin, etc.

See him going to the taints.

I would have thought the same thing but why waste a visit for due diligence?

what the heck are you talking about?

"i mean yeah, sure, but why waste this precious visi when Gettleman could be at Shoneys?"

He and Ziggy are very hot prospects at the moment. Ziggy will be way gone along with Jordan, but Mingo might be there and NO will be salivating over the hometown boy.

TRADE down time

See him going to the taints.

Maybe trying to make Saints nervous and move up to get him ahead of us. Also entice someone like Steelers who might be interested in moving up for him by dealing with us.

Maybe trying to make Saints nervous and move up to get him ahead of us. Also entice someone like Steelers who might be interested in moving up for him by dealing with us.

And at the same time scouting someone who may land in our division.

Hummm worth a look. wouldn't advise picking him but, wouldn't be overly end of the world pissed.

Yea, looks like he has the talent and could be a VERY good pass rusher OLB, but I see almost 0 chance we take him unless like XClown said we're taking him to be a Von Miller. No way in hell I'd want a Bruce Irvin in the 1st, but Von Miller was an out-of-scheme gamble that paid off for the Broncos. More likely this is just trying to create buzz to encourage a trade of some sort, whether it's us trading down or baiting the Saints to trade up (dual purpose: Saints give up draft picks, making them weaker and also pushing another player down that we might have been interested in).