• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#16 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,618 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

Above guy has been in and out of mental hospitals and posts disturbing private information on FB often. Went to school with him, all the girls thought he was really a looker - dated his sister for a short time too, never thought he'd turn up so crazy

#17 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,618 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:59 PM

hmm found one stupider. And he's a Yankees fan.

Trevor I agree! I can not stand Obamas fricken Gun Rule we should have our rights. Freedom of speech. Not even you tell a cop to Shut up you get in trouble. Free country? No not even close if it was a free country we would be able to do what we want. This country sucks! Im just thinking about moving to canada or europe when im 18. Obama can't tell me what to do! For all i care he can kiss my Ass

#18 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,946 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:59 AM

And Illinois is near the bottom. Yeah, not buying it.

Yeah, I can go out and buy all the hand guns, shot guns, and high powered rifles I want in California right now.
Yes, there are some restrictions on some weapons, many of which the restrictions have been worked around by the way to render them useless.

Other then the difficulty in owning a concealed weapon carry permit can anyone point out the meaningful difference in gun laws between the green and red states?

#19 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,618 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

http://www.huffingto..._n_3112750.html

WASHINGTON -- Adolphus Busch IV, heir to the Busch family brewing fortune, resigned his lifetime membership in the National Rifle Association on Thursday, writing in a letter to NRA President David Keene, "I fail to see how the NRA can disregard the overwhelming will of its members who see background checks as reasonable."
The resignation, first reported by KSDK, came a day after the Senate rejected a series of amendments to a gun control bill, including a bipartisan deal to expand background checks for gun sales. The NRA had vigorously opposed all those measures.
"The NRA I see today has undermined the values upon which it was established," wrote Busch. "Your current strategic focus clearly places priority on the needs of gun and ammunition manufacturers while disregarding the opinions of your 4 million individual members."
Reached for comment on Busch's resignation, NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam told The Huffington Post, "We disagree with his characterization, but we wish him all the best."
Busch joined the pro-gun organization in 1975 and has spoken before of his love of hunting. But the NRA has moved in a direction that Busch would not follow. "One only has to look at the makeup of the 75-member board of directors, dominated by manufacturing interests, to confirm my point. The NRA appears to have evolved into the lobby for gun and ammunition manufacturers rather than gun owners," he wrote.
Busch told Keene, "It disturbs me greatly to see this rigid new direction of the NRA." He singled out the gun lobby's reversal of its 1999 position in favor of universal background checks, as well as its opposition to an assault weapons ban and a ban on high-capacity magazines. "I am simply unable to comprehend how assault weapons and large capacity magazines have a role in your vision," he wrote.
"Was it not the NRA position to support background checks when Mr. LaPierre himself stated in 1999 that NRA saw checks as 'reasonable'?" Busch wrote, referring to NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre's testimony at a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing in the wake of the 1999 Columbine High School shooting.

At that time, LaPierre said the NRA believed that universal background checks were a "reasonable" choice. The group even took out ads in major newspapers that read, "We believe it's reasonable to provide for instant background checks at gun shows, just like gun stores and pawn shops."
One week after that hearing, LaPierre rolled out the same argument that he would use 14 years later to attack President Barack Obama's gun safety proposals -- namely, that until the government prosecutes more background check violations, there is no point in expanding them.

#20 Thelt

Thelt

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

Stats that show that gun violence goes down when gun control goes up are not that meaningful if they do not measure all acts of violent crime. What good is it if gun violence goes down while knife violence goes up. The goal should be to reduce violent crime, not just violent crime committed while using a gun.

#21 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,613 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

What good is it if gun violence goes down while knife violence goes up.

While reducing violent crime is a good goal...

However, gun wounds are far more likely to end in a fatality than knife wounds.

For example a study in The Journal of Trauma (36:4
pp516-524) looked at all injury admissions to a Seattle hospital over
a six year period. The mortality rate for gunshot wounds was 22%
while that for stab wounds was 4%. Even among patients that survived,
gunshot wounds were more serious — the mean cost of treatment for
these patients was more than twice that for stab wounds.

http://scienceblogs....4/knives-00006/

Amusing bit from there:

Thus, if all patients with GSWs instead suffered SWs, there would be an
annual savings of $1,290,000 overall and of $981,000 of public funds from
this institution alone. Treatment costs for GSWs are higher than those for
SWs and are rising more rapidly, with an increasing amount of public funds
going to meet these costs. Considerable savings to society would accrue
from any effort that decreased firearm injuries, even if the same level of
violence persisted using other weapons.

#22 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,618 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

Yeah, after that guy knifed 14 people all the gun nuts had their cute "ban knives!" crap, not stopping to think that everyone was still alive, and of course, the exact same thing happened in China the day of Newtown, again, no fatalities reported to my knowledge from that vs. all those dead kids.

#23 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,618 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

http://www.huffingto..._n_3147834.html

What happens when you ignore 80 to 90 percent of your constituents in favor of a lobbyist.

#24 Thelt

Thelt

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

I would be interested in more detail on the information that shows stab wounds to be less lethal and than gun shot wounds. It could be that the stabbing data includes accidents and minor scrapes. Logic seems to dictate that a knife would be as serious if not more serious than a gun wound. Even a large caliber bullet is small compared to the average knife blade.

The argument that society could save money by banning guns does not carry much water with me. There are lots of ways society could save money that do not involve limiting or taking away a constitutional right.

#25 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

I would be interested in more detail on the information that shows stab wounds to be less lethal and than gun shot wounds. It could be that the stabbing data includes accidents and minor scrapes. Logic seems to dictate that a knife would be as serious if not more serious than a gun wound. Even a large caliber bullet is small compared to the average knife blade.

The argument that society could save money by banning guns does not carry much water with me. There are lots of ways society could save money that do not involve limiting or taking away a constitutional right.

So you think knives are more deadly than bullets because they are bigger?

Posted Image

#26 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,130 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

I would be interested in more detail on the information that shows stab wounds to be less lethal and than gun shot wounds.

etc etc etc

I hate it when people use this word but...

~*Common Sense*~

I mean really dude

#27 Thelt

Thelt

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

If the argument for gun control comes down to "it is better to be stabbed than shot" you are losing the argument.

The real objective ought to be to reduce violence not to nerf the weapons people use. Why do people committ violence, with our without a gun, and what can we do to stop it is the real question.

#28 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,529 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

lets say guns are totally vanquished and yet people get killed anyways. lets say the #'s go down because they have to use needle nose pliers. k?

if killings still continue, what does that say about our society? then what is the argument then? what is the govt program at that time?

what if you go well lets spend more on education but you find out the very people you are spending the most amount of money on, there is NO return on that spending as far as human capital is concerned?

#29 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,130 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

Yeah I don't know why we even have laws to begin with.

#30 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,994 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:42 AM

On March 23, 2010, Zheng Minsheng (郑民生)[7]  41, murdered eight children with a knife  in an elementary school inNanping ,[8] Fujian  province

An attacker named Wu Huanming (吴环明), 48, killed seven children and two adults and injured 11 other persons with a cleaver at a kindergarten in Hanzhong ,Shaanxi  on May 12, 2010

On 4 August 2010, 26-year-old Fang Jiantang (方建堂) slashed more than 20 children and staff with a 60 cm knife, killing 3 children and 1 teacher, at akindergarten  in Zibo , Shandong  province. 

In September 2011, a young girl and three adults taking their children to nursery school were killed in Gongyi ,[25] Henan  by 30-year-old Wang Hongbin with an axe

http://en.m.wikipedi..._China_(2010–12)

William Unek was an African  police  constable  and mass murderer  who killed a total of 57 people in two separate spree killings  three years apart. His first murder spree occurred near Mahagi, Belgian Congo  in 1954, where he killed 21 people with an axe, before escaping and finally ending up inBritish  occupied Tanganyika Territory .[1] Apparently because of social misunderstandings with his boss,[2]  Unek went on a second rampage which began in the early hours of February 11, 1957. Armed with a stolen police rifle, 50 rounds of ammunition and an axe, he started killing people in the area of Malampaka, a village about 40 miles southeast of Mwanza . Within twelve hours Unek shot dead ten men, eight women and eight children, murdered five more men with the axe, stabbed another one, burned two women and a child and strangled a 15-year-old girl, thus killing a total of 36 people.[3] [4] [5]  He then changed out of his police  uniform  into clothes stolen from one of his victims and fled. Among the dead was reportedly his own wife, whom he killed in their hut, before setting it on fire,[6]  as well as the wife of a police sergeant.[7]

http://en.m.wikipedi...ki/William_Unek

By the end of the day Wirjo had hacked a total of 32 people, most of them farmers on the way to their fields and students going to school. 18 of his victims died at the scene, while two others later succumbed to their wounds in hospital.

http://en.m.wikipedi...arsari_massacre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com