Photo
- - - - -

Gun Laws and Gun Violence

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
68 replies to this topic

#25 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

I would be interested in more detail on the information that shows stab wounds to be less lethal and than gun shot wounds. It could be that the stabbing data includes accidents and minor scrapes. Logic seems to dictate that a knife would be as serious if not more serious than a gun wound. Even a large caliber bullet is small compared to the average knife blade.

The argument that society could save money by banning guns does not carry much water with me. There are lots of ways society could save money that do not involve limiting or taking away a constitutional right.

So you think knives are more deadly than bullets because they are bigger?

Posted Image

#26 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

HUDDLER

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

I would be interested in more detail on the information that shows stab wounds to be less lethal and than gun shot wounds.

etc etc etc

I hate it when people use this word but...

~*Common Sense*~

I mean really dude

#27 Thelt

Thelt

NOT NEWB

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

If the argument for gun control comes down to "it is better to be stabbed than shot" you are losing the argument.

The real objective ought to be to reduce violence not to nerf the weapons people use. Why do people committ violence, with our without a gun, and what can we do to stop it is the real question.

#28 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

HUDDLER

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

lets say guns are totally vanquished and yet people get killed anyways. lets say the #'s go down because they have to use needle nose pliers. k?

if killings still continue, what does that say about our society? then what is the argument then? what is the govt program at that time?

what if you go well lets spend more on education but you find out the very people you are spending the most amount of money on, there is NO return on that spending as far as human capital is concerned?

#29 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

HUDDLER

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

Yeah I don't know why we even have laws to begin with.

#30 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:42 AM

On March 23, 2010, Zheng Minsheng (郑民生)[7]  41, murdered eight children with a knife  in an elementary school inNanping ,[8] Fujian  province

An attacker named Wu Huanming (吴环明), 48, killed seven children and two adults and injured 11 other persons with a cleaver at a kindergarten in Hanzhong ,Shaanxi  on May 12, 2010

On 4 August 2010, 26-year-old Fang Jiantang (方建堂) slashed more than 20 children and staff with a 60 cm knife, killing 3 children and 1 teacher, at akindergarten  in Zibo , Shandong  province. 

In September 2011, a young girl and three adults taking their children to nursery school were killed in Gongyi ,[25] Henan  by 30-year-old Wang Hongbin with an axe

http://en.m.wikipedi..._China_(2010–12)

William Unek was an African  police  constable  and mass murderer  who killed a total of 57 people in two separate spree killings  three years apart. His first murder spree occurred near Mahagi, Belgian Congo  in 1954, where he killed 21 people with an axe, before escaping and finally ending up inBritish  occupied Tanganyika Territory .[1] Apparently because of social misunderstandings with his boss,[2]  Unek went on a second rampage which began in the early hours of February 11, 1957. Armed with a stolen police rifle, 50 rounds of ammunition and an axe, he started killing people in the area of Malampaka, a village about 40 miles southeast of Mwanza . Within twelve hours Unek shot dead ten men, eight women and eight children, murdered five more men with the axe, stabbed another one, burned two women and a child and strangled a 15-year-old girl, thus killing a total of 36 people.[3] [4] [5]  He then changed out of his police  uniform  into clothes stolen from one of his victims and fled. Among the dead was reportedly his own wife, whom he killed in their hut, before setting it on fire,[6]  as well as the wife of a police sergeant.[7]

http://en.m.wikipedi...ki/William_Unek

By the end of the day Wirjo had hacked a total of 32 people, most of them farmers on the way to their fields and students going to school. 18 of his victims died at the scene, while two others later succumbed to their wounds in hospital.

http://en.m.wikipedi...arsari_massacre

#31 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

On March 23, 2010, Zheng Minsheng (郑民生)[7] 41, murdered eight children with a knife in an elementary school inNanping ,[8] Fujian province

An attacker named Wu Huanming (吴环明), 48, killed seven children and two adults and injured 11 other persons with a cleaver at a kindergarten in Hanzhong ,Shaanxi on May 12, 2010

On 4 August 2010, 26-year-old Fang Jiantang (方建堂) slashed more than 20 children and staff with a 60 cm knife, killing 3 children and 1 teacher, at akindergarten in Zibo , Shandong province.

In September 2011, a young girl and three adults taking their children to nursery school were killed in Gongyi ,[25] Henan by 30-year-old Wang Hongbin with an axe

http://en.m.wikipedi..._China_(2010–12)

William Unek was an African police constable and mass murderer who killed a total of 57 people in two separate spree killings three years apart. His first murder spree occurred near Mahagi, Belgian Congo in 1954, where he killed 21 people with an axe, before escaping and finally ending up inBritish occupied Tanganyika Territory .[1] Apparently because of social misunderstandings with his boss,[2] Unek went on a second rampage which began in the early hours of February 11, 1957. Armed with a stolen police rifle, 50 rounds of ammunition and an axe, he started killing people in the area of Malampaka, a village about 40 miles southeast of Mwanza . Within twelve hours Unek shot dead ten men, eight women and eight children, murdered five more men with the axe, stabbed another one, burned two women and a child and strangled a 15-year-old girl, thus killing a total of 36 people.[3] [4] [5] He then changed out of his police uniform into clothes stolen from one of his victims and fled. Among the dead was reportedly his own wife, whom he killed in their hut, before setting it on fire,[6] as well as the wife of a police sergeant.[7]

http://en.m.wikipedi...ki/William_Unek

By the end of the day Wirjo had hacked a total of 32 people, most of them farmers on the way to their fields and students going to school. 18 of his victims died at the scene, while two others later succumbed to their wounds in hospital.

http://en.m.wikipedi...arsari_massacre

Everyone realizes that knives can kill people, so I'm not really sure what your point is.

#32 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

Everyone realizes that knives can kill people, so I'm not really sure what your point is.

Me neither

Yeah, after that guy knifed 14 people all the gun nuts had their cute "ban knives!" crap, not stopping to think that everyone was still alive, and of course, the exact same thing happened in China the day of Newtown, again, no fatalities reported to my knowledge from that vs. all those dead kids.

#33 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

Also going back to the OP, when I lived in Washington State, they had some of the most lax gun laws I've ever seen. (ie, many gun shows throughout the summer, no special classes needed for conceal carry, etc) Somehow, it's counted in the strong gun laws states. Maybe things have changed in the two years since I moved away; I don't know. But gun laws there were very much more lax than Texas or NC.

#34 Thelt

Thelt

NOT NEWB

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

How about you liberals who want to take my guns take them away from all the criminals, gang bangers and other people for whom it is already illegal to own guns first.

#35 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

How about you provide anything at all that suggests any of us want to take your guns away and stop making up crap thats plainly not going to happen to try and make a point, since simple facts don't seem to suit your lame hysteria.

#36 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

Some more common sense

Posted Image