HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,203 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

NO, WE NEED DT, MORE HARUKI NAKAMARU AND SHERROD MARTIN PLEASE

/s

I pray that Cyprien is a our pick, he is better than Barron from last year who was taken in the top 10.

what?

#17 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,334 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

Well I just picked the Duke game to watch at random. He was pretty awful in that game, I hope that wasn't indicative of his normal performances.

His Duke performance was lackluster (one of the very few games where he bombed) but you should see his Louisville performance. Cyprien was all over the RBs and WRs.

#18 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,741 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

I hate the "better/tougher competition in the SEC" excuse. Those players in that conference is no better than any other one in another conference. The only thing separates them is that its a conference built with a lot of better teams. Id love to see a Nick Saban or Les Miles defense having to play a Chip Kelly's Oregon Offense or USC week in and week out. A lot of these Nick Saban's players goes on and do nothing in the pro; I know you never brought up Saban's name but thats my point.

You take the best player. Not the player from the best conference.

I hear you, but I can't see justifying taking Cyprien over some of the WR talent at 14, much less Richardson, Williams, Lotulelei, Chance, and some others that may be available at 14. I am not sure that he is better than Vacarro or any other of the guys that I mentioned before. If he were flat out the BPA, that would be a different story. But who can say that he'll end up better than any of the other top players at safety in this draft?

#19 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,334 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

I hear you, but I can't see justifying taking Cyprien over some of the WR talent at 14, much less Richardson, Williams, Lotulelei, Chance, and some others that may be available at 14. I am not sure that he is better than Vacarro or any other of the guys that I mentioned before. If he were flat out the BPA, that would be a different story. But who can say that he'll end up better than any of the other top players at safety in this draft?

Here's how we know Cyprien is superior to Vaccaro, Jonathan rarely takes bad angles and knows how to properly wrap up his target. He's also very good in the open field. Vaccaro, on the other hand, is the complete opposite.

#20 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,203 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

I believe that Cyprien is up there with the guys you mentioned above except Star.
Cyprien is the type of player that you plug and play day1 for the next 8 years. He will solidify the SS position for years. I dont think we'll go with a Rambo or Vaccaro, Godfrey will be moving back to FS. We have met with Elam, Cyprien, and Thomas all of whom are SS.Though, I have just learned that Vaccaro is visiting tomorrow. I still think that SS is the position we're targeting. Im positive Rivera is not going into the 2013 season with Campbell or Mitchell (camp body?) at SS.

#21 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

Here's how we know Cyprien is superior to Vaccaro, Jonathan rarely takes bad angles and knows how to properly wrap up his target. He's also very good in the open field. Vaccaro, on the other hand, is the complete opposite.

Only thing that worries me is Cyprien didn't play against anyone....he looked good sharing the field with scrubs.

Easier for him to look like his angles are better when his competition is weaker....bc frankly he want tested like Vacarro was

#22 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,334 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

Only thing that worries me is Cyprien didn't play against anyone....he looked good sharing the field with scrubs.

Easier for him to look like his angles are better when his competition is weaker....bc frankly he want tested like Vacarro was

Well, while he didn't play against top competition at FIU, he did have a stellar showing at the Senior Bowl which is why he's considered a first round prospect.

Incidentally, his best game of the season came against Louisville and he rocked it.

#23 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

Well, while he didn't play against top competition at FIU, he did have a stellar showing at the Senior Bowl which is why he's considered a first round prospect.

Incidentally, his best game of the season came against Louisville and he rocked it.

Yeah, but a senior bowl sets up for a S to look good. Bunch of random dudes trying to play offense together for the first time? I'd like that as a S.

I like what I see from him though

#24 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

You can make the whole "he faced weak competition" argument for almost every player in the draft.

Star wasn't facing Alabama offensive lines every week, Austin wasn't exactly tearing up good defenses in that conference, Allen wasnt facing a lot of NFL DBs, Te'O got checked by alabamas offense, Richardsons flaws show when he has to play the run a lot more than the pass. Point is you just have to really evaluate the player and determine if their game can succeed in the NFL.

#25 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,203 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

Don't get carried away with the toughness of college conferences. So many good players come from small school. Same could be said about Eric Fisher being from Central Michigan.

#26 surfergurl666

surfergurl666

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

I was first to mention this guy, I remember all the "he's a 5th rounder comments" LOL.

Times change, glad you guys could join the club.

#27 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,203 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

I was first to mention this guy, I remember all the "he's a 5th rounder comments" LOL.

Times change, glad you guys could join the club.

You mentioned him as the no.14 pick?
You've been on here 5 days only.
What's your real acct?

#28 surfergurl666

surfergurl666

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

You mentioned him as the no.14 pick?
You've been on here 5 days only.

Had a whole thread regarding him flying up boards and possibly going in the first.

Guys like you said 5th. Glad I could drop some knowledge.

#29 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,203 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

Had a whole thread regarding him flying up boards and possibly going in the first.

Guys like you said 5th. Glad I could drop some knowledge.

Find me your post. And what's your previous acct?

#30 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,739 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

Do not want at #14 overall. Every week it's someone different with huddlers, flip flop city around here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.