47 replies to this topic

#31 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:46 AM

I don't think we take him. He's good don't get me wrong, but we just signed a KR/PR in Ted Ginn, we have a bigger 1st round need like #1 WR and a Safety (all the NTs will be there in the second round). I think we are going to take a so called "reach" Deandre Hopkins (even though I think he's the best pure WR in this draft). Plus today Gettleman said we aren't trading down and we are taking the BPA at 14. I think I read somewhere, where he said that his draft board is a lot different from everyone elses or the so called experts.

Hopkins would be a reach in my opinion.We will just have to see but I am an admitted T Auston fan.

#32 Panther4lyfe

Panther4lyfe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

I would be very interested to read what you heard about gettlemans board.

His board? I don't know what board is, but what I got from what he said about the famous trading "1 buck for 3 dimes" is that he isn't to excited about trading down, and probably wouldn't unless it is a couple of spots down like 3. Tavon Austin like I said is good, but I just don't think we are going to take him, the two guys we have been most interested in at WR is Hopkins and Allen (and I really hope we don't take Allen). And at safety we are interested in both Kenny Vaccaro and Johnathen Cyprien (which in some eyes is a reach).

So what you and me may think maybe a reach isn't a reach in Gettlemans eyes, and after yesterday I trust what he is doing. The 4 guys I mentioned, excluding Allen are not reaches to me.

#33 Rhell

Rhell

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

The Jets would be crazy not to take Austin, he would be instant offense and might even make Sanchez look good on those 1 yard pass plays that go for 60 yards. That is where he goes i think, but he sure would be fun to watch in Carolina too.

#34 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

6,8, or 14.

#35 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

6,8, or 14.

I think his floor is the Rams.

#36 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,569 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:15 AM

The Jets would be crazy not to take Austin, he would be instant offense and might even make Sanchez look good on those 1 yard pass plays that go for 60 yards. That is where he goes i think, but he sure would be fun to watch in Carolina too.

The jets need everything.I would be surprised if they take him

#37 NFLDraft101

NFLDraft101

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

Could see him going to the Jets with their #13 pick

#38 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

Yeah thinking he is a lock for the Jets now.

#39 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,132 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

Oakland no.3

#40 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,811 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

Jets at 13 unless they trade down

#41 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

I'm really getting nervous that the Eagles might even snag him at #4...

Not that he isn't deserving of being the #4 pick, but I want him to fall to #14. That is beginning to look like a dream...

I've even tossed the idea around of who we could trade, and what spot we could trade up to, to ensure that we get Austin... lol

#42 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

I'm really getting nervous that the Eagles might even snag him at #4...

Not that he isn't deserving of being the #4 pick, but I want him to fall to #14. That is beginning to look like a dream...

I've even tossed the idea around of who we could trade, and what spot we could trade up to, to ensure that we get Austin... lol

He isnt worth trading up for imo. With Star falling I would be happy if the Jets choice was either Austin or Star. We would get the other and I would be happy.

#43 Mike

Mike

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

I don't think he'll get past the fourteenth pick, whether that is us taking him or a team that has traded up with us to get him at fourteen.

His most likely landing point?

I would say the Bills, Jets or Titans. The Bills said not to long ago that they wanted to move Stevie into the slot, and get an outside receiver, so perhaps they could be in the market for Austin at #8. And the Jets need a receiver to either pair with a new QB they draft (eg. Geno Smith) or for one of their existing QBs on their roster. But I have seen mocks where the Jets take a pass rusher and a CB with their two 1st round picks. Another team is the Titans, they need to surround Locker with talent and Austin might just be the right guy to go for.

The Texans and Vikings might trade up for him, both teams want a receiver.

I'm not sure if we'll end up having the chance to take him, but if the opportunity does present itself, then it might make sense in order to give us another explosive receiving option.

#44 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

He isnt worth trading up for imo. With Star falling I would be happy if the Jets choice was either Austin or Star. We would get the other and I would be happy.

Jets pick twice before we do... They could get both lol

#45 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,215 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

Jets seem to make sense.

what was the highest ranked D he played against last year? because they played some horrible d's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.