Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wanna know what's going to destroy football?

38 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Its not Roger Goodell and his new rules.

Its not PEDs.

Its not media over-saturation.

Its JURIES.

http://m.nbcsports.com/content/lawyer-says-riddell-“-very-serious-trouble”-after-lawsuit

[quote]Rhett Ridolfi, a 22-year-old man who suffered brain damage and partial paralysis while playing high school football in 2008, has been awarded millions of dollars in damages in a lawsuit against the helmet maker Riddell.

And Ridolfi’s attorney, Frank Azar, who is also suing Riddell on behalf of several former NFL players, says this is just the beginning.[/quote]

[quote]
The jury in Ridolfi’s lawsuit did not find that Riddell’s helmets are defective but did find that Riddell didn’t properly warn the players who wear its helmets of the risks associated with brain injuries in football.[/quote]

Not counting on it, but hopefully judges in this/these kind of case(s) will throw out these ridiculous verdicts.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

There is a warning sticker on every helmet. If you don't know the dangers of football going into it, then you probably can't think for yourself anyway.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

The US is awesome in many ways but your legal system sucks and is slowly ruining your country (and the rest of the world). Why the hell should a company that makes safety equipment be liable for an injury they are trying to prevent but it is obvious they can't 100% protect you from it.

I realise that what happened to Ridolfi sucks and he's looking for somebody to blame but what are Riddell to do?

Posted · Report post

I would imagine that lots more parent's signing consent and liability waivers are going to be happening instead of football going away.

Posted · Report post

idk the details of this but I don't like it.

Football is an inherently dangerous sport and that's a known fact. Not sure how Riddell is liable, even partially liable.

Don't get me wrong, I hate it for the kid... sad story, but I don't agree with the outcome.

Posted · Report post

Way to much common sense in these replies.
Come on huddle, a little effort. It's the Internet.

Posted · Report post

America needs more 'Muricans... freaking pansies...
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

the dumber a person, the more chance they have to win an idiot lawsuit. this goes back to the dumb bitch who sued whackdonald's when she spilled coffee on herself.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Khaki Lackey' timestamp='1366035471' post='2195171']
Way to much common sense in these replies.
Come on huddle, a little effort. It's the Internet.
[/quote]

i'm on it

we have that damn obama pussifying america again to thank for this

Posted · Report post

I think we should just man up and play without helmets. Then there would be nobody to sue

Posted · Report post

Sad when people are allowed to sue a company for there own stupidity and win. If I go hunting and shoot myself in the foot can I sue the guy that made the bullet because I was unaware of how dangerous a bullet is?

Posted · Report post

I agree, it's a violent sport and I've never seen it sold as otherwise.

You know that going in. They should have everyone, at every level, sign a liability waiver to avoid stuff like this.

It's sad that it's come to this.