Photo
- - - - -

Wanna know what's going to destroy football?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

Its not Roger Goodell and his new rules.

Its not PEDs.

Its not media over-saturation.

Its JURIES.

http://m.nbcsports.c...”-after-lawsuit

Rhett Ridolfi, a 22-year-old man who suffered brain damage and partial paralysis while playing high school football in 2008, has been awarded millions of dollars in damages in a lawsuit against the helmet maker Riddell.

And Ridolfi’s attorney, Frank Azar, who is also suing Riddell on behalf of several former NFL players, says this is just the beginning.

The jury in Ridolfi’s lawsuit did not find that Riddell’s helmets are defective but did find that Riddell didn’t properly warn the players who wear its helmets of the risks associated with brain injuries in football.

Not counting on it, but hopefully judges in this/these kind of case(s) will throw out these ridiculous verdicts.

#2 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,174 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:36 AM

There is a warning sticker on every helmet. If you don't know the dangers of football going into it, then you probably can't think for yourself anyway.

#3 SuperLego5

SuperLego5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

The US is awesome in many ways but your legal system sucks and is slowly ruining your country (and the rest of the world). Why the hell should a company that makes safety equipment be liable for an injury they are trying to prevent but it is obvious they can't 100% protect you from it.

I realise that what happened to Ridolfi sucks and he's looking for somebody to blame but what are Riddell to do?

#4 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:42 AM

I would imagine that lots more parent's signing consent and liability waivers are going to be happening instead of football going away.

#5 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,614 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:07 AM

idk the details of this but I don't like it.

Football is an inherently dangerous sport and that's a known fact. Not sure how Riddell is liable, even partially liable.

Don't get me wrong, I hate it for the kid... sad story, but I don't agree with the outcome.

#6 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

Way to much common sense in these replies.
Come on huddle, a little effort. It's the Internet.

#7 Luuuuuuuuuuke59

Luuuuuuuuuuke59

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:49 AM

America needs more 'Muricans... freaking pansies...

#8 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,864 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:41 AM

the dumber a person, the more chance they have to win an idiot lawsuit. this goes back to the dumb bitch who sued whackdonald's when she spilled coffee on herself.

#9 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

Way to much common sense in these replies.
Come on huddle, a little effort. It's the Internet.

i'm on it

we have that damn obama pussifying america again to thank for this

#10 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,979 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

I think we should just man up and play without helmets. Then there would be nobody to sue

#11 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

Sad when people are allowed to sue a company for there own stupidity and win. If I go hunting and shoot myself in the foot can I sue the guy that made the bullet because I was unaware of how dangerous a bullet is?

#12 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,420 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

I agree, it's a violent sport and I've never seen it sold as otherwise.

You know that going in. They should have everyone, at every level, sign a liability waiver to avoid stuff like this.

It's sad that it's come to this.

#13 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

the dumber a person, the more chance they have to win an idiot lawsuit. this goes back to the dumb bitch who sued whackdonald's when she spilled coffee on herself.

If coffee is hot enough to give you 3rd degree burns then something is wrong.

she was a 79 year old woman who required skin grafts and had to stay in the hospital for 8 days. She initially tried to gain back her medical expenses and lost wages which only costed around 20 thousand. and McDonald's only offered 800 dollars. So she had to hire a lawyer since McDonald's didn't want to take responsibility for their super hot coffee.

Far from a dumb bitch. I don't know how that story turned into the poster child for frivolous lawsuits.

#14 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,083 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

I am betting that the award gets overturned on appeal....much like the award for the lady who sued McDonald's.

Juries are known to be base up if idiots. Most intelligent people are able to get out if jury duty. The only ones who sit are those too dumb to get out if it...or who has nothing else better to do,

#15 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,912 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

i'm on it

we have that damn obama pussifying america again to thank for this

Our country set sail down this path of being able to sue anyone and anything....long before he took office.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.