Photo
- - - - -

Chucky loves Tavon Austin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
104 replies to this topic

#97 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

After the college season ended he was 4th round prospect. Not going to argue after he started getting hyped up.

Sam Montgomery and Barkevious Mingo were first round locks too. Your 4th round prospect is an exaggeration. The lowest i ever saw him was 2nd round.

http://nflspinzone.c...s-tavon-austin/

Feb 18. 1 month after college football. He's a late first early 2nd. That took 2 seconds of a google search.

#98 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

Said the same thing about AE and Joe Adams. Why don't we develop those gems instead of reaching for a OVERHYPED player that was initially projected as a 4th round pick.

Good point. He maybe the most exciting and "electric" but he isn't even the best WR in this year's draft.

#99 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

As far as AE and Joe Adams. Everyone was ranting and raving exactly the same as they are doing with Austin. "OMG if he gets in the open field it is over" "Just get him the ball underneath and no one is going to touch him"

Huddle said that after they were drafted as Panthers, not before the draft so I don't know what you're talking about. AE was a QB convert to WR and Adams was seen by many like myself as a great returner, not receiver. Tavon is a sure WIDE RECEIVER. He's not some returner or QB turn receiver.

#100 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

HUDDLER

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

Huddle said that after they were drafted as Panthers, not before the draft so I don't know what you're talking about. AE was a QB convert to WR and Adams was seen by many like myself as a great returner, not receiver. Tavon is a sure WIDE RECEIVER. He's not some returner or QB turn receiver.

Dont feed me that crap after the draft BS. The were both touted as "Electrifying" in the open field. Tavon had a good season with a good QB in a weak conference. Everyone wants to make him the second coming of Steve Smith. We'll be lucky if he is the second coming of K. Colbert.

I am not saying he isn't a good WR but he will not come in YR 1 and be a star. You don't waste a #1 draft pick on a player that MIGHT help you on Special Teams.

I went and looked too. 2nd was the best I found too so my bad but only because this is a WEAK WEAK WEAK draft as far as skilled positions are concerned.

OLine, Dline and DBs are the prime candidates.

I will be onboard no matter what we do but I pray we dont waste this pick on a part time player.

Sign T. Owens and hopefully next year the WR Crop will be better.

#101 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

Dont feed me that crap after the draft BS. The were both touted as "Electrifying" in the open field. Tavon had a good season with a good QB in a weak conference. Everyone wants to make him the second coming of Steve Smith. We'll be lucky if he is the second coming of K. Colbert.

I am not saying he isn't a good WR but he will not come in YR 1 and be a star. You don't waste a #1 draft pick on a player that MIGHT help you on Special Teams.

I went and looked too. 2nd was the best I found too so my bad but only because this is a WEAK WEAK WEAK draft as far as skilled positions are concerned.

OLine, Dline and DBs are the prime candidates.

I will be onboard no matter what we do but I pray we dont waste this pick on a part time player.

Sign T. Owens and hopefully next year the WR Crop will be better.

You were getting somewhere until you loss me at Terrell Owens.

And Tavon is def not no ST guy so I Dno where in
the hell you are getting your info from. I expect that's coming from your pure emotional feelings.

#102 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

HUDDLER

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

Let me unloss you. Rather have a proven Ancient WR than an over hyped rookie from a weak conference and a weak draft.

Pure emotion, what a joke coming from a guy that has a Tevon Austin pic at the bottom of every post.

You think he is above ST? So you are basically saying he is better player coming out of college than S. Smith. What guarantee are you giving me that this guy is the answer? I would rather AE or Adams do what you want us to waste a #1 pick on.

#103 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

HUDDLER

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

Austin was a highly productive college WR. Better than many---probably most.

#104 Jacket60

Jacket60

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

Let me unloss you. Rather have a proven Ancient WR than an over hyped rookie from a weak conference and a weak draft.

Pure emotion, what a joke coming from a guy that has a Tevon Austin pic at the bottom of every post.

You think he is above ST? So you are basically saying he is better player coming out of college than S. Smith. What guarantee are you giving me that this guy is the answer? I would rather AE or Adams do what you want us to waste a #1 pick on.

The problem is, you're comparing him to the wrong guys. Think of him as a Percy Harvin.

#105 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

And Terrell Owens is the answer? wow