#1 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,957 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:56 PM

Adrian Wojnarowski: Charlotte isn't rushing to make a decision on coach Mike Dunlap's future. Letting exit interviews and coaching market unfold for now. Twitter @WojYahooNBA

With this said, here's a quick poll question without the poll...

Do you want the Bobcats to keep Dunlap? And if not, who do you want to replace him (Jerry Sloan, Nate McMillan, Phil Jackson, Byron Scott, Lawrence Frank, Jeff Van Gundy, Stan Van Gundy etc...)

#2 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,517 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

If they can get Phil Jackson or Nate McMillan then let him go, otherwise let him stay one more year and see the improvement.

#3 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

Yes keep Dunlap. I didn't even know they were thinking about firing. Keep him at least one more year to develop our young guys. Don't bring someone else in after just one year when we TRIPLED our wins. I don't think he's the coach of the future, but don't bring another new guy in and make the players learn a whole new system.

#4 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,964 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

Keep Dunlap for one more season. Im tired of having a new coach every season or two. Its not like we're going to contend much next season again so keep Dunlap to coach the young guys, tank the season, draft a Wiggins, Parker, or Randle then go in and get your big name coach like a Stan Van Gundy in 2014-2015.

#5 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

Are you people fuging delusional.....Phil Jackson coaching the Bobcats?!?!

#6 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

Are you people fuging delusional.....Phil Jackson coaching the Bobcats?!?!

He's been in contact with the Cavs, so I'm not sure.... You might be the one that's delusional. Don't forget, Jackson and Jordan have a fantastic relationship.

#7 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

Phil Jackson won't be coming back to coach a team that isn't competing for a championship lol.

It's possible that he would go to a team like the Bobcats or Cavs as an important member of the front office, though.

#8 Mike

Mike

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

I'm not sold on Dunlap being the head coach to take us towards being a contender for the play offs or better. But at the same time I don't think a coaching change would be beneficial unless we could land a head coach that has a proven track record of developing players, and then taking that team forwards. If no such candidate is available, then we may as well keep hold of Dunlap and let him continue to develop the players, and then make a change at a later date.

#9 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

People are really underselling Jackson's relationship with Jordan, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bobcats roll with Dunlap one more year (tank) and then ask Jax to come in and coach a team of...

Kemba - Wiggins - MKG - Noel - Bismack

#10 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

People are really underselling Jackson's relationship with Jordan, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bobcats roll with Dunlap one more year (tank) and then ask Jax to come in and coach a team of...

Kemba - Wiggins (has a good enough shot to play the two) - MKG - Noel - Bismack

#11 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

HAHAHAHAHAAHA Yeah, Phil Jackson will never coach in Charlotte. That's a funny thought though

#12 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

Then why is he talking to Cleveland about their coaching vacancy... Please do research before talking out of your asses guys.

#13 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:03 AM

Then why is he talking to Cleveland about their coaching vacancy... Please do research before talking out of your asses guys.

Last I heard the Cavs touched base with Phil, but he didn't initiate the contact. Of course he is going to listen. The greatest coach of all time isn't going to come back to coach a lousy team though. However, feel free to act like we are idiots if Phil actually agrees to be the coach of Cleveland or Charlotte. Until then, common sense tells you that Phil isn't going to come back to coach a piss poor team when there have been and/or will be better openings. I wouldn't rule him out of being in Cleveland or Charlotte's front office though.

#14 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:18 AM

You say of course he is going to listen... then you say he isn't going to come back to coach a piss poor team... So which is it, why would he listen if he's already made up his mind on who he wants to coach?

#15 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:46 AM

Anything is possible (credit to KG), but Phil Jackson is no Larry Brown. He has coached a whopping total of 2 different teams and has never coached a sub .500 team. Throw in the serious health problems he has to deal with traveling for an NBA season, lets be honest, he wont be coaching in Charlotte or Cleveland next year

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users