#76 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,342 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

This thread is like every other one started lately.

Someone suggest something.....then a few idiots (same posters every time) come in and start a pissing match.

Really is starting to make The Huddle a laughing stock of a MB......and even worse than the Falcons or Saints boards that we used to make fun of.

Debate something like an adult.....not bitch and start name calling like children.

#77 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

The jury is out on Vaccaro as far as im concerned, but hopefully he pulls a Keek and proves a lot of nay sayers wrong. However, I would be VERY satisfied with this draft. The 49ers can shove those picks up their ass.

#78 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

When you get into the mid and late first round, there is no real difference in skill level of those guys. The difference in skill between pick 10 and pick 32 is minute.

I think much of it has to do with the system that drafts them, quality of coaching, and ability to mentally adjust to being a pro.

If all those things line up, you have a winner.

#79 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

Don't see the point in adding Simon, we have enough jag CBs. Oline depth would be better there

While I'd LOVE a legitimate #1 CB on this roster, I agree with your point here. Now that you mention all the "jag CBs", it reminds me of Brandon Hogan. What is his status lately? Is there a chance of him ever seeing the field and contributing the way we had hoped when he was drafted?

#80 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,568 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:08 AM

Not a Vaccaro fan at all. I actually think we're better with Godfrey at FS.

#81 Shermdog

Shermdog

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

Wheaton would be a good deep threat for Cams big arm. If we are certain that Gettis isnt coming back than I think it is a good pick.

#82 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

Don't like Wheaton at all. Been watching his highlight reels and here's what I see:
  • Strong preference for body catching. It looks like he only uses his hands when the throw over his head.
  • He doesn't fight for the ball. He catches it when it gets to him. Let's see how well that works against an NFL CB.
  • He does, however, like to push off. He's goona see a lot of yellow flags at the pro level.
  • He looks awkward when he's running; very unnatural. He looks like Peter's brain damaged horse running the race.
  • He's not eluding anyone. He's literally brought down the instant after he catches it.
  • The main thing I see is he doesn't have any fight in him. He's the anti-Steve-Smith. I don't see him going up to contest any balls. I don't see him stepping up into a catch. In general, I don't see him winning any matchups against a NFL cornerback. If the ball comes to him, and it hits him in the chest, he'll catch it...and then go down or run out of bounds.

I try to be respectful of college athletes who play such a demanding position, and who work so hard at what they do, but seriously I can't remember ever being so underwhelmed by a WR prospect. If we take him anywhere before the 5th round, it would be a shame.

#83 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

I am not counting on nor assuming Wheaton to turn out / be like Smitty.

Go ahead it you want to....

Wasnt what I was saying

#84 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

While I'd LOVE a legitimate #1 CB on this roster, I agree with your point here. Now that you mention all the "jag CBs", it reminds me of Brandon Hogan. What is his status lately? Is there a chance of him ever seeing the field and contributing the way we had hoped when he was drafted?

We do not have a CB like Simon on our roster. Dude is 6'3 jacked and runs a 4.5

#85 ClawOn

ClawOn

Bringer of Dong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

They're my top guys. Star always had and I've mentioned Vaccaro for a long time now. Had a hate/love relationship with Tavon at first but came to love him. My favorite guy is Vaccaro. I hope Star doesn't fall so Vaccaro can be our guy Thursday Night.

You came to love a 175 pound slot receiver who has almost no chance of making it through an entire season? Carolina Chuck for GM!!!

#86 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

Some of you guys get too irrationally attached to disliking a prospect. Every draft since I've been on this board there have been a fair number of people who will say "No he fuging sucks!" about whomever we choose in the first round, and invariably they're completely wrong once the season starts.

Take a year off from embarrassing yourselves and just enjoy the process and cheer on whomever we choose.

you're right, why do we bother having football debates with buddies when we can just sit back and watch?

derp

#87 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

Good lord that looks like a Hurney draft...really hope it turns out better than that.

#88 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,624 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

You came to love a 175 pound slot receiver who has almost no chance of making it through an entire season? Carolina Chuck for GM!!!

Ima laugh so hard when Tavon plays through a whole 16 gms season. Its so ridiculous when people throws crap like that out about someone before researching it first. Go research the last time Tavin missed a game. ClawOn not for GM!!

#89 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

Don't like Wheaton at all. Been watching his highlight reels and here's what I see:

• Strong preference for body catching. It looks like he only uses his hands when the throw over his head.
  • He doesn't fight for the ball. He catches it when it gets to him. Let's see how well that works against an NFL CB.
  • He does, however, like to push off. He's goona see a lot of yellow flags at the pro level.
  • He looks awkward when he's running; very unnatural. He looks like Peter's brain damaged horse running the race.
  • He's not eluding anyone. He's literally brought down the instant after he catches it.
  • The main thing I see is he doesn't have any fight in him. He's the anti-Steve-Smith. I don't see him going up to contest any balls. I don't see him stepping up into a catch. In general, I don't see him winning any matchups against a NFL cornerback. If the ball comes to him, and it hits him in the chest, he'll catch it...and then go down or run out of bounds.

I try to be respectful of college athletes who play such a demanding position, and who work so hard at what they do, but seriously I can't remember ever being so underwhelmed by a WR prospect. If we take him anywhere before the 5th round, it would be a shame.

Even if I don't agree with ur opinion, that's a better thought out one than "he's 5'11 hell naw!!11!1!" so I respect it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.