Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtnc

NFL team executive calls this year's draft "The worst in the last decade"

38 posts in this topic

that team must have a top 5-10 pick because aside from the lack of super elite players at the top, it's quite good...but it also depends on what you're looking for. if you need solid DTs, WR, OL, or DBs, you're in luck. if you have a pick in the top 5 or are looking for a franchise QB, you're not going to be happy. this is a great year to have mid-late picks in the first round and a horrible year to have an early pick.

Although we are sitting at a odd spot right now I would have not liked to have been picking top 5. This draft could end up being a weird one .

I'd have to look, but I could swear I've heard the same thing said about other recent drafts too.

Not sure how seriously I'd take it.

There are exactly 32 first round talents every single year. Those are some really stupid comments by that "executive". You don't get to define what constitutes a round- that is already established.

Where was that thread where everyone was calling me an idiot for saying the same thing??

Its bad when you look at the top 10, but when you look in the other rounds, it is actually pretty darn good.

Its only "good" because the variation is lower because the top talent isn't really "top talent".

It is a weak draft. But a good year to pick #14

please then don't trade away future picks to trade back up in the third round

One high level executive is stupid. How could he possibly know?

That's like saying this is going to be the worst day of my life when you woke up this morning.

Its only "good" because the variation is lower because the top talent isn't really "top talent".

no, it's only good because there is a lot of talent in this class, but nothing at the top that really distinuishes itself.

again, you are basing this class being good or not for probably the exact same reason...the lack of upper tier/elite talent at the front of the draft....which we wouldn't be taking anyway because of where we sit.

as a whole thru the first few rounds this class is strong and full of solid players who will be productive starters with their teams. this class just doesn't have those 8 or so elite players people like to see that are head and shoulders above everyone else, although i don't think that the guys at the front are even much below the top talent in other drafts, it's that they just aren't that much better than the rest of the guys coming after them.

i think the thing that many complaining about this draft are having a problem with is that there are no QBs that excite anyone and that usually is the thing that hypes a draft up.