#1 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

Marc Stein: Bobcats likely to seek proven coach after Dunlap experiment. Alvin Gentry has resume, presence & local ties. Expect him in mix for that job Twitter @ESPNSteinLine

A little run down on Gentry... http://en.wikipedia....ki/Alvin_Gentry

#2 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

Would be a solid hire.

He definetely has the pedigree

#3 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:31 AM

Would be a fan, those Phoenix Sun teams he coached were fun to watch. Would be interesting to see if Kemba could fill a Nash-eque role. But need to draft another effective playmaking big man.

#4 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

Would be a fan, those Phoenix Sun teams he coached were fun to watch. Would be interesting to see if Kemba could fill a Nash-eque role. But need to draft another effective playmaking big man.

Nash and Amare = Kemba and Noel.

Obviously, Kemba and Noel would not be as good as them, but maybe they could be the lite version.

I'd be down with that.

#5 Thelt

Thelt

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

I could live with him as coach. If they hire him I hope they give him more than one year.....

#6 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

I'd rather have Gentry than McMillan, but I still wouldn't be a fan of the hiring.

He's had one good season and it was the 2009-2010 season in which he had Nash and Amare. Granted, he hasn't had the opportunity to coach good teams really, but I'm just not a fan. He would definitely be on my top 10 list, maybe even right outside the top 5, but I'd like to get either a more proven coach or a young up and coming NBA assistant like a Brian Shaw (even though I still find his comments to be pretty rude).

#7 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 2,808 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

Mike Dantoni was really the coach when Amare and Nash were good- Gentry was there when Shaq was there = bleh

#8 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

Yeah Brian Shaw isn't happening, he was a dick through the hiring process and doesn't deserve a head job if he is going to act like that.

Gentry seems like a real possibility to be honest.

#9 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,335 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

Shaw probably won't be asked about the opening at all this time. The way he acted actually might have lost him a HC chance.

#10 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,335 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

ESPN's first two names brought up were McMillian and Snyder. lol

http://espn.go.com/n...nlap-one-season

#11 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

I swear if we hire Snyder I'll flip poo.

#12 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,206 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

Gentry would be a pretty good hire.
I just hope Cho and MJ aint trying to experiment on another HC. Do the homework and hire the damn right guy this time.

#13 Mike

Mike

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

He could be a solid hire. He's developed some exciting sides, and did take the Suns to the conference finals. So he's got the experience to be a good hire.

#14 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:57 AM

Update

Alvin Gentry would love to come home and coach the Charlotte Bobcats. A Shelby native and former Appalachian State player, Gentry has coached four NBA franchises over 12 seasons. He told the Observer Friday that the Bobcats opening is very appealing and he’d like to be in the mix. “It reminds me a little bit of the teams I had in L.A. (with the Clippers): Young players, very energetic guys,’’ Gentry said. “Kemba (Walker) and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist have a lot of potential and (Gerald) Henderson has started to really establish himself as a pro. “I’ve seen a lot of their games. Yes, they’ve struggled at times, but that’s a situation where you could make a big change in a year or so. I know that player development is really important to that job.’’ Charlotte Observer

The Bobcats have gone through four head coaches since 2007. Gentry said that wouldn’t deter him, that the team’s assets – likely four first-round picks over the next two drafts and up to $21 million in cap space – make this an appealing situation. “You know they’re going to get some good young players with those picks and then they have the (cap) flexibility to add a very good veteran player, somebody who can serve as an example to the rest of the locker room,’’ Gentry said. “And you’ve got Michael (Jordan as owner) – the best player to ever put on a uniform. I’d certainly use him as a resource.’’ Charlotte Observer

#15 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,335 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:05 AM

Make it happen MJ. DO it now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users