Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Round Press Conference

45 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='The Original SCP' timestamp='1366964968' post='2209351']
Don't be shocked if we take a TE. If we were legitimately interested in Eifert in the 1st then we could go for a TE to pair with Olsen like we had with Shockey. Maybe go for a Patriots 2 TE offense sort of thing.
[/quote]

No. Get that tight end talk the fug outta here. It isn't happening and I can't wait for you guys to shut up. We are not drafting a tight end tomorrow.

The pick will be a defensive back. Period. No more tight end talk unless it has to do with bitches.

Posted · Report post

I think if Hunter or Allen are available, the pick will be in almost as quick as it was with Star. If Cyprien, Patton, Warford, Taylor, Banks are available they just take whomever they think is BPA from the group.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='JawnyBlaze' timestamp='1366968444' post='2209376']
I think if Hunter or Allen are available, the pick will be in almost as quick as it was with Star. If Cyprien, Patton, Warford, Taylor, Banks are available they just take whomever they think is BPA from the group.
[/quote]

Rivera has already stated our next pick is defense. The pick will not be receiver.

Posted · Report post

I think most are assuming that was a mistake. I kinda doubt they're locked in on "defense or offense" just yet. Plus Rivera's not the one making the pick. Gettleman will see who is available at the pick and decide who is best for the Panthers from his board.

Posted · Report post

Im loving these open press conference. A lot better then Hurney/Fox pressers.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Alt J' timestamp='1366969652' post='2209394']

Rivera has already stated our next pick is defense. The pick will not be receiver.
[/quote]

You've never heard of a smokescreen, have you?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Ivan The Awesome' timestamp='1366974069' post='2209445']

You've never heard of a smokescreen, have you?
[/quote]

Just trust me on this one bro.

Posted · Report post

Look at what we did in free agency on the WR front. I think they feel ok with those guys for another year and go safety. Hopefully Cyprien.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Alt J' timestamp='1366969652' post='2209394']

[/quote]

Not 100% correct

Posted · Report post

I got the same feeling about drafting a guard last year after our first round presser.

The pick is going to be a DB.

Posted · Report post

Stud...

Posted · Report post

I just like hearing a GM talk that sounds like he knows the nuts and bolts of football, how he described Star was just how a coach would describe him and not some simplified media platitudes.
1 person likes this