Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do we have to go offense this second pick?

23 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

We addressed one of our biggest needs while following the BPA philosophy, our d-line is pretty much shored up. As bad as our offense was last year, does this second pick need to go into helping cam and others?

Posted · Report post

Don't have to. Still have some glaring holes in the secondary. Hoping Cyprien will be there. Otherwise, get Warford and plug up that RG spot.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='K9 ' timestamp='1366996681' post='2210084']
Don't have to. Still have some glaring holes in the secondary. Hoping Cyprien will be there. Otherwise, get Warford and plug up that RG spot.
[/quote]

solid!

Posted · Report post

TE Ertz could be a surprise pick. We were targeting a TE in the 1st, maybe Gettleman is still targeting a TE in the 2nd.

Posted · Report post

Justin Hunter would be my ideal pick with our 2nd round selection....

Posted · Report post

[quote name='The Golden Child' timestamp='1366996869' post='2210090']
TE Ertz could be a surprise pick. We were targeting a TE in the 1st, maybe Gettleman is still targeting a TE in the 2nd.
[/quote]

I am not saying he is better than Eiffert but for the Panthers I personally preferred Ertz. He would help in the passing game and would tremendously upgrade the running game.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='44johnson' timestamp='1366999074' post='2210156']

I am not saying he is better than Eiffert but for the Panthers I personally preferred Ertz. He would help in the passing game and would tremendously upgrade the running game.
[/quote]

Eifert is a much better blocker than Ertz.

Ertz offers nothing as a blocker at this point, he is merely a big receiver.

Posted · Report post

Steve Smith is 33 an I'd like to see us take a WR before the 4th but

if S/CB is the BPA I won't mind

Posted · Report post

Our current offensive roster is better than the 2011 offensive roster which was excellent. Our woes last year was playcalling, not talent. I hope we focus almost exclusively on defense in this draft, with maybe some o-line depth in the 4th.

Posted · Report post

I'd be happy with a WR or TE, but having a solid S would really solidify our defense.

I'm worried about Smith as well, but I'm hoping the offseason signings will light some fires and create competition within our current roster.

Posted · Report post

If we go defense it should be a safety. Otherwise we should go offense for WR/TE/OG.

Posted · Report post

I think we need a starter on the right side of the line. I would be fine with skipping receiver but either RG or RT needs to be upgraded