• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#31 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

Indifferent on the pick. So many other glaring needs, but I like short as a prospect.

#32 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,293 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

I love it. Our defensive line "Ain't nuthin to Fug with" as the Wu would say.

#33 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Texans took DJ in the 2nd. lol

#34 toldozer

toldozer

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

Don't like it, would have preferred soo many others!!

#35 Yaboychris28

Yaboychris28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

The dude dominated the Senior Bowl, I think he will be a good player but at the same time, we had so much other needs with players still available that would have fit. Idk time will tell, i just hope it works out better than when the Bucs took 2 Dt's early

#36 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,687 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

A little surprised at first but this guy is a great looking prospect. The most productive DT in the draft, his only concerns of taking plays off were really because they wore him out playing him nearly every snap. Star actually had this same concern. Get a good rotation, keep these guys fresh and they're going to dominate.

#37 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

TAKE IT IN THE POOPER FOR COOPER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,824 posts

oh please.. everyone is saying that its a good move.. except you fugers

#38 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 5,264 posts

So what DE/DT will be around in the 4th? Next year we'll draft 6 new OL men.

lol... some of you are AWESOME at thinking about a day or a week at a time into the future.

#39 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

Its not like D'wan is a long term solution and he's already not an every down back.

Take in the fact that his sack total has highly blinded people from seeing his deficiencies in run-defense (and overall as a DT), this is a strong pick and we have a nasty d-line. We're completely set on the d-line depth and starter wise, and its for the long term.

Johnson/Keiser
D'wan/Short/Kearse
Star/Cole
Hardy/Alexander

*Just off the top of your head, name the Giants CBs when they won the super bowl

Do people not realize we weren't that terrible in the secondary. They actually played well down the stretch and we've made vet additions.

#40 Dilla

Dilla

Mad Decent

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,901 posts
  • LocationWashington, North Carolina

I said to myself yesterday that if Gettleman double dipped on DL I wouldn't be too upset. But with Warford and even Allen still on the board, I am frowning a little bit.

I do understand the pick, though. Definiely want a WR in the first round next year.

#41 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 5,264 posts

The dude dominated the Senior Bowl.

Yep, him and Cyprien.

And Cyprien was long gone.

#42 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,239 posts

What scares me most is that we haven't responded to the developing events to the draft. We decided what we wanted and completely ignored the reality changing around us. Short was clearly the choice before the draft even started, and nothing changed that. That's worrisome with the level of great talent at immediate news. What's more scary is Gettleman's confidence in our corners. The giddy with which he spoke about aging, average Drayton Florence now seems a lit scarier in hindsight.. You can throw out tired cliches about not needing talented players in your secondary because of your dline, but unfortunately, those cliches don't win football games. Talented players do, and the Panthers have the worst secondary in the league by a very, very, big mile.

Gettleman came out and made a point that we wouldn't be trading back into today's round. Not only is that worrisome how definitively he said that... It really, really speaks to the fact that he has no interest in playing for this season. When you make a stubborn decision to stick closely to your board and not respond to the changing events in the draft, you are forced to make such decisions with more thought.

#43 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,762 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Gettleman's confidence is starting to more closely resemble arrogance.

Lol, arrogance? G-Man just made our DL incredibly powerful. Only Growl would call this move arrogant...

#44 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

Its not like D'wan is a long term solution and he's already not an every down back.

Take in the fact that his sack total has highly blinded people from seeing his deficiencies in the run-defense, this is a strong pick and we have a nasty d-line. We're completely set on the d-line depth and starter wise, and its for the long term.

Johnson/Keiser
D'wan/Short/Kearse
Star/Cole
Hardy/Alexander

*Just off the top of your head, name the Giants CBs when they won the super bowl

Do people not realize we weren't that terrible in the secondary. They actually played well down the stretch and we've made vet additions.

Here's another bonus: now Hardy won't have to play inside and get beat-up playing DT on passing downs.

Now he can play every down at his natural position.

#45 CAPantherFan

CAPantherFan

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

I think the question begs-do we take a less talented need at DB or take a more talented DT?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NFL Draft, Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com