#16 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

-Dwan Edwards has 1 or 2 years left in this league and is best as a rotational piece...a pass rusher on 3rd down. Short can stuff the run and get after the quarterback.

-Gettleman saw first hand what a dominant defensive line does for a defense in today's league.

-Short allows us to use a nasty rotation on the defensive line and keep everyone fresh all game long.

-Short was the highest rated player still on our board and can make an immediate impact day 1 and eventually take over for Dwan full-time and play along Star for a long career.

-Our defensive tackle position was the weakest part of our roster. Now it is a strength.

There is your explanation.

#17 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,943 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

Don't hate the pick, and don't love it either. I get the logic but I thought safety or CB was a bigger need earlier.

Look at the Giants defenses in their 2 SB runs. Nasty DLines and pedestrian DB's. given that, this pick should not surprise anyone.

We are going to stop the run and pressure the QB. The DB's will be better for it.

#18 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,179 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

My only complaint is we don't pick again til the 4th but this is still a really good pick and this is coming from one of they biggest "We need a WR now" lobbyist posters here.

#19 panthers04100

panthers04100

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Should of taken dj swearinger

#20 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Can't believe I'm trying to be the voice of reason. Our corners suck and this won't fix that, and that will be a problem all year. I don't care though draft pass rushers all day.

#21 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

Well I haven't see any Wr's fly off the board after we picked so that should show all of us what the teams think about them. I think Short was just by far the highest player on our board available. Dwann is a 1 yr rental. gettleman is from the Giants, are we really surprised he went big on D-line. Somebody get KKL a Dos Equis and some kleenex haha. Dude called the double DT picks. I;m not worried at all. Gettleman seems to know his poo. There will be a good player left in the 4th

#22 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,634 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

FirstRoundPick disapproves? Well I'm 100% sold now. We made the right pick.

#23 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,768 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

When Cam is on is ass next year because the line sucks and the wrs can't get open it's not going to fuging matter that we have a DT to "rotate" in.

#24 EMSMedic79

EMSMedic79

Member since 2005

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts
  • LocationOn the Water

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

Look at the Giants defenses in their 2 SB runs. Nasty DLines and pedestrian DB's. given that, this pick should not surprise anyone.

We are going to stop the run and pressure the QB. The DB's will be better for it.

On the flipside of this, Josh Norman has a huge opportunity to step up and take the #1CB spot. If the pass rush strategy works, he should look like a superstar.

#25 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,943 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

Amazing that the people bitching are the same people that bitch in every thread.

#26 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,118 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

only the stupid teams in the league are the ones who build around rushing the fug out of the quarterback god what is wrong with you people

#27 ncguy2184

ncguy2184

Mmmm BoJangles......

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationMyrtle Beach S.C

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

I love the short pick you cant never have enough pass rush

#28 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,258 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

On the flipside of this, Josh Norman has a huge opportunity to step up and take the #1CB spot. If the pass rush strategy works, he should look like a superstar.

He will have to jump several players who are significantly better than him. He is easily the worst cb on the team.

#29 Louie

Louie

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

When Cam is on is ass next year because the line sucks and the wrs can't get open it's not going to fuging matter that we have a DT to "rotate" in.

Ryan Kalil will be back this year and the line will gel. Cam will get rid of the ball a little faster and we will run the ball more under Shula. Our offense is going to be good......Our Defense, on the other hand, is going to be nasty. Quarterbacks better get rid of the ball fast! This line is going to make our secondary look decent.

#30 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

Some people are never happy. Edwards is in his 30s and doesn't have but a few years left in him to play. Short play behind Dwan and learn from him. Then once Dwan is gone in 2 years or less. Depending if he stays healthy. Short will be prepare to go and can start on the other side of Star. Gettleman knows what he is doing. Look at the Gmen front line as an example. Enough said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com