Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KillerKat

nfl draft Carolina Panthers select G Edmund Kugbila

242 posts in this topic

What a douche, I hope that's you in your AVI.

Sounds about like a poor mans version of Silotolu.

Yes because Eric Reid was such a wise pick in the first round.

I agree with you here that that was a bit of a reach.

But, other than that, you gotta admit San Fran is kinda killin' it in this draft, no?

Well either way I don't think, even if Kugbila is a miss, it's going to destroy us. Until he has a record of misses I'll trust his opinion on what a good player looks like.

I'm speaking more to the fact that there's a thin line between confidence and arrogance. If Gettleman is content to constantly go against the grain he better actually be the world beater executive everybody wants him to be. Or he just looks like a cocky old fool.

big time gamble. we'll see. Likely going to be groomed behind hangman this year.

I agree with you here that that was a bit of a reach.

But, other than that, you gotta admit San Fran is kinda killin' it in this draft, no?

Other than that awful reach, hells yeah.

Tank, McDonald, Lattimore and Patton. Good stuff.

Yea, 49ers are having a good draft except their first. I don't agree with not only taking Reid with their first pick, but trading up to do it. I know they have to get rid of some picks by trading up, but if I were them I woulda been trading up for Floyd or Cyprien or even Elam. Not Reid.

I think the point everyone is missing is this : is there any reason for gettleman to think this dude wouldn't be available later, like, WAY later

dumb as hell pick that could have been spent on someone that was actually 4th round talent

Unless you have seen every teams draft board there is no way you can say that. He could have been taken with The next pick.

Marty hurney played to win the draft. Gettleman's laying to win football games, and the draft is a tool to make that happen - you see a guy you need to make your football team better, you grab him.

it's a subtle difference in philosophy but an enormous one. I love the pick

2 people like this

Don't know so I can't judge it too much. But we needed bodies on the o-line badly, be interesting to see where we go in the 5th. Rambo or Chris Faulk would be nice

Carolina Panthers select G Edmund Kugbila?????Who dat ?????? Never heard of him. He certainly has a low grade. Let's hope that our scouts did their homework on him.