Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SmootsDaddy89

"Expert" Draft Grades: POST EM IF YOU GOT EM

53 posts in this topic

Yea i went back and watched all of his youtube videos. The ones that have vs whomever. Star is light years ahead on the initial burst and he rarely ever and i mean RARELY ever gets pushed back. I even saw a couple times he pancaked double teams. I saw multiple times Shariff getting pushed back and while he did show burst it wasn't consistent like Star.

For Star to learn to be a pass rusher will just be icing on the cake. Shariff will be a good player though.

Kiper hated our draft. There's no reason to degrade us that bad based on what you said. m3mwzh9h.png

Kiper is an idiot. For a person who never played a down of football --- I'll never understand why there is any value in his opinions. Mcshay is really the only person I listen to on ESPN and he liked our draft. Half of these people are biased and make judgments based on personal feelings. I give our draft a B+, and there is no reason any of our opinions should be less consired than Kipers other than the national coverage aspect.

Anyone who holds even a shred of value in Mel Kipers "opinions" shouldn't bother posting.

I don't care if anyone gives us an A+ or an F-, draft grading before anyone plays a snap is the most futile enterprise imaginable. It's like betting on the outcome of horse races before the horses are even born.

Did Kiper just say he didn't have guard as a need for the Panthers? Wow

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/22160389/draft-grades-dont-like-instant-here-are-grades-like-em-or-not

Prisco at CBS isnt always right, but he is plugged into the scouting community. He is a Kugbila fan based on what he's heard.

Carolina Panthers

Best pick: I like the pick of defensive tackle Kawann Short in the second round. He is a wide body who will help in a big way in the middle.

Questionable move: Taking running back Kenjon Barner in the sixth round. How many runners do they need?

Third-day gem: Fourth-round guard Edmund Kugbila is a player I heard about early in the process; scouts loved his power and strength. He could pay off big.

Analysis: Dave Gettleman, in his first draft with the team, made this a big-man draft. He landed two good defensive tackles in Short and first-round pick Star Lotulelei. Solid start.

Grade: B-

Kiper hated our draft. There's no reason to degrade us that bad based on what you said. m3mwzh9h.png

Anyone who didn't have OG as a major need for the Panthers either didn't watch many Panthers games or is a complete moron. Kiper likely qualifies as both.

Third-day gem: Fourth-round guard Edmund Kugbila is a player I heard about early in the process; scouts loved his power and strength. He could pay off big.

It's all media stuff. My sources said the scouts hated him and the coaches loved him.

I've also been told he was 3-5 star recruit (whatever that means) out of high-school has the fastest feet of any guard in the draft and will be starter in 2013.

What I find hilarious is this: while I think we are overstocked at RB, who the hell is concerned with who you pick up in the middle of the sixth round? If you get a guy there that does nothing but returns punts and kicks, or is a punter or kicker, hell, you've done better than most teams and picked up someone who can contribute!